The Hellhole

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I don't seem to have much about which to write lately, which is a bit of a downer because I love to write. It just seems like very little of note, whether bad, good, funny or weird has been going on lately, which I suppose is a good thing but makes for a very dull blog.

Here is a quiz.

1.
When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Which time? 7AM: oh god, it CAN'T be morning already; 10AM: hey, my hair looks pretty good today; 1PM: ooh, I need to reapply my lipstick; 3:30PM: I wonder how long that random red hair has been stuck on my shirt right on the end of my boob, sticking out?; 9:15PM: I sure look goofy with wet hair wrapped in a big pink towel.

2. How much cash do you have in your wallet right now? Fifteen dollars and mixed change. I know because I went to buy lunch today, checked to make sure I had some money and found a twenty. Lunch was $5.70 but I had the seventy cents in coinage.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR? NEVERMORE. Feeling Poeish. Hallowe'en is upon us.

4. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? I don't know. I mean, the number is there but I missed the call because I didn't recognize it and therefore didn't answer. I don't answer a lot if I don't know who's calling.

5. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? Fruity Oaty Bars. Alan put it on for me when we got new phones.

6. What are you wearing right now? New 'jamas we got over the weekend, pale blue with darker blue and green stars. Clean and fresh from bubble bath and hair-washing in brand-new 'jamas.

7. Do you label yourself? Yes. My label says, "HELLO! My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father; prepare to die."

8. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently own? This is a most ungrammatical question. The shoes that are currently ON, or the shoes I currently own? I'm not wearing shoes at the moment, being fresh out of the bath, and if it's brands I currently own, 'twould be a very long list. See this post.

9.Bright or Dark Room? Dark - we loves the dark, prrreciousss...

10. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? No idea - stole it off a random survey list.

11. What does your watch look like? Gold with a mother-of-pearl face and a diamond bezel. It's spiff.

12. What were you doing at midnight last night? Snoring, maybe. Dreaming, probably. Cuddling a tiny, warm, fawn-colored puppy definitely.

13. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? "Break on thru to the other side!" That probably doesn't make sense out of context, even if you recognize the Doors lyric. My carpool buddy and I had decided to try to leave 5 - 10 minutes early, if possible, to avoid a downtown event so long as nothing at either of our jobs went awry. Previous to that she'd texted me to let her know when I was leaving, and I'd replied, "I be about to shut down and bust out right now!" So bust out = break on through, which hearkens to a theory of ours that 3/4 of Atlanta's downtown city streets are covered in ill-fitting steel plates because of The Mole People, who are always tunneling and trying to break on through to the other side, but every time they almost make it, industrious city officials slam a steel plate down on them, and they have to move on to the next block. (Really. Drive here for a week - you won't find it far-fetched.)

14. What's a word that you say a lot? 'Fucknuttery' - see "Atlanta traffic", above. 'POWWWAAAAAH!' or 'POWERSLIIIIDE!' when I'm driving. 'Goes to eleven'. Lately, "EZIO!" - I'm playing Assassin's Creed II and yell at my character a lot when he does something stupid/unexpected/harmful.

15. Who told you he/she loved you last?(please exclude spouse , family, children) One of my best girlfriends.

16. Last furry thing you touched? Baby Esme. Before that, Finnovar.

17. Favourite age you have been so far? 33. I liked that; I was good at it. Neither too late nor too early. Still, now is pretty good too.

18. What was the last thing you said to someone? "Alan! What's a word that I say a lot?"

19.The last song you listened to? "I Stay Away" by Alice in Chains off of "Box of Flies". It was playing on the DirecTV music station we had left on, right before I played some PS3.

20. Where did you live in 1987? Atlanta, same as now. Not the same address, but the same area. After that I lived in Washington DC for a while.

21. Are you jealous of anyone? No, not really. I know there are people smarter than me, prettier than me, with more money than me, better jobs than me, but jealousy seems like a waste of my time more than anything. Why bother? Especially when I have The Husband and kitty and puppies. That's all I could really want.

22. Is anyone jealous of you? Not that I know of, and I should hope not.

23. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Keys, a pen and at least some money. I like to have cash even if I have my ATM and credit cards. Sadly, I can't say that I always have my cell phone; I charge it on my credenza which is behind me and sometimes, I'm so ready to leave that I walk out without it, leave for the day and then work myself up about doing something boneheaded.

24. What’s your favourite town/city? Atlanta, Georgia. If it wasn't, I'd move.

25. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? Hmmm, I've written a few this year to my mom, Aunt Jean and some others but I think the last one was to Nancy, using a GORGEOUS glass pen and ink she'd bought me as a gift.

26. Can you change the oil on a car? Of course. I can do brake pads and shoes, air and fuel filters, coolant flush, spark plugs and a number of other things. Some other things, like starters and alternators, I can pull and let someone else rebuild, then re-install. My theory is, it can't be THAT hard - guys do it. Heh heh heh, I just wrote that to be funny; I'm not really sexist. But my dad made sure that even though they bought me my first car, I knew how to do a lot of necessary things. He helped a lot (as in, took over and did it for me) because sometimes, even if I knew exactly what to do, I wasn't strong enough to do it, but I had to demonstrate know-how to earn his help.

27. Your first love/big crush: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? Boring answer but I couldn't even decide/remember who that might have been, so consequently have no idea what I may have heard about him. Er, it was a 'him', I know that much. I remember some boyfriends (a few more fondly than others) but I honestly couldn't say who was the "first love/big crush". Who cares, now there's Alan. They kind of pale into oblivion after that.

28. Does anything hurt on your body right now? Yeah, my right hip. I think I slept on it funny, or maybe too hard/long.

29.What is your current desktop picture? The logo and brand name of my current car, in this kind of hammered/distressed steel.








30
. Have you been burnt by love? Not enough to be bothered about.

2 Comments:

  • Fascinating! You learn a lot about your offspring by reading their blogs......

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 AM  

  • I enjoyed that. :-)

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home