The Hellhole

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I am playing Assassin's Creed II (electric boogaloo) and when I got to a certain point in the game, I stopped to text my brother, who's already played it: "Is there any reason I shouldn't just run around Florence mugging people?" He replied, "None that I can think of." Hilarity ensured. I remarked later to Alan, "This game is GREAT! It's like Grand Theft de Medici!"

Some days later, Alan asked me, "Whatcha doin', sweetie?"

"Lootin'."

"Is that what you're supposed to be doing?"

"No. There are missions and stuff, and races and collecting things. Mostly missions."

"So you're supposed to be doing things that will advance the game, and instead you're rolling people?"

[in kind of a C. Montgomery Burns voice] "Yeeeeeesss."

"Oh, my sweetheart. You are a bad, bad girl."

Why yes. Yes I am. I have over four thousand florins and I'm still in Sequence One.

9 Comments:

  • Haha! There are some fabulous handmade leather handbags to be had and some precious gold jewelry to be worn!

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 7:22 PM  

  • Helly is still mugging and looting everyone in sight in her game. After watching for about five minutes, I said, "..you know, if you were a 14 year old boy we'd be having a talk with your school counselor about this..". To which she replied, "..I'd mug him too.. damn hippie counselors, always wanting to talk about feelings and stuff.."

    By Blogger Alan Bowman, at 7:37 PM  

  • Sounds like fun to me!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:09 PM  

  • Make the most of it ... as you get further on in the game, the city guards won't be quite so lenient ... :-)

    My favourite thing was finding the towers to climb and looking round before doing the leap of faith into the hay cart.

    By Blogger thermalsatsuma, at 1:48 AM  

  • Make that over six thousand florins...

    By Blogger Helly, at 8:35 AM  

  • Ten! Ten thousand florins! (laughs like Count von Count from Sesame Street) Ten thousand!

    By Blogger Helly, at 10:31 AM  

  • Are there any people left to rob?

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 9:15 PM  

  • Wow, I may have to try that. I love games where you aren't forced to do the major quests if you don't want to.

    By Blogger Topcat, at 12:15 PM  

  • Yes, Nancy, these people seem to have a mystery source of florins. If I walk away hide for a while so they forget to be scared of me, I can even rob the same people.

    Based on what you've written about other games you like, Sandy, I think you'd like this one.

    By Blogger Helly, at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home