The Hellhole

Sunday, August 08, 2010

I hate - HATE HATE HATE - having something wrong with my appearance, like a chip in my nail polish, a run in my hose or a spot on my blouse/dress. Not just hate but obsess about it, and I hate it in a way that probably suggests therapy, in that I fixate upon it, make it worse by constantly trying to correct/clean it, mashing paper towels into it - if I spill a bit of Diet Coke on myself in the morning it bugs the ever-lovin' eternal CRAP out of me until I can get home and change clothes (which are wet by this time thanks to eleventy-billion trips to the ladies' room to scrub my shirt in an attempt to rid myself of the soilage), even if no one else would even notice the minute, barely beige stain.

Tonight we went out to dinner and I had petite lobster tails (sluuuuurrrrrrp, yum!) with lemon and drawn butter. Somewhere about halfway through lobster tail #2, I realized that I had a butter drop/stain on my shirt. This disturbed me. I wiped and I scrubbed. Then I ate, and wiped and scrubbed some more. All of which I tell you as background so you will understand how funny Alan's comment was.

As he watched me grinding my moistened napkin into my blouse, attempting to alleviate the butter spot, he said, "Okay, enough, Lady MacBeth! That's not coming out no matter how much you rub it."

Have I mentioned lately how much I love The Husband????

6 Comments:

  • That's a great comment! As you have noted many times in your blog--your husband is SMART.

    By Blogger basil, at 9:09 PM  

  • That's awesome!
    You should do what I do, wear a bib whenever eating anything of any kind. :)

    By Anonymous Inna, at 7:19 AM  

  • Shout wipes....you should always have one in your purse.....

    'Lady Macbeth'....heh heh...love my son-in-law!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM  

  • I love Allen's comment. :-)

    Afton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 PM  

  • Good one! :-)

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 7:05 PM  

  • I love butter. I am mal-coordinated. Those two things create so many stains on my clothing. Maybe it's because I've gotten older and realize it's not such a big deal, but I can actually wear something with a stain now. Years ago, I would have thrown it away. Live long enough, and maybe you too can change.

    Thanks for your nice compliment about my SF posts. This is an amazing city and I don't feel I come close to giving it the write ups it deserves. And yes, come visit. SF is a great tourist city.

    By Blogger http://dkzody.wordpress.com, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home