The Hellhole

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Last night we ordered Pizza Hut for dinner and Alan wanted some wings, too. We can never remember the increments of wing orders so I had to ask: 8, 14, 22 and 44. This puzzles me. I wonder how much money and effort went into the in-depth marketing study to determine that one order of wings was 8 pieces, but that the next biggest order should be 14, not 16. I'm a little surprised it isn't something straightforward like by the half-dozen (6, 12, 18, etc.) or by fives. And why is order size #3 twenty-two and not twenty-four/two dozen? It doesn't matter to me, really; I'm not even going to eat any of the wings. I just wonder how they arrived at such arbitrary designations.

Today, the F1 race from Hockenheim, which was a fabulous visual spectacle. If that wasn't fun enough, the pretty red cars finished first and second, yay! Then an afternoon nap with Baby Esme snuggled in next to me, which was wonderful. After a nice dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, it was home where I washed my hair so it would have time to try before bedtime and I'm now having a glass of cold Chardonnay.

This video has entertained us for several days. Mama! Whatcha cookin' in the kitchen?

How was your weekend?

3 Comments:

  • Thank you for the nice note about my Fix It Friday pic. I went in and left the directions on your comment. I should have posted the directions with the photo but we were super busy that day and I literally just did the upload and ran out the door.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 AM  

  • Very funny video!

    My weekend was swell! Got to hang out with nature and bought the perfect wedding shoes! :)

    By Anonymous Inna, at 7:57 PM  

  • Perfect wedding shoes? Need pix. I got married in white Doc Martens (even funnier because I offset this with a pearl-encrusted, lacy, foofy white dress and crinolines).

    By Blogger Helly, at 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home