The Hellhole

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

This morning at work, I needed to pee so I headed to the ladies' room down the hall. [And really, don't you love blog posts that start out thusly, because what could be more interesting on the intarweb than my bathroom habits?!?]

After I'd done what I'd come to do, I stood up, dressed and pressed the flush lever. I'd exited the stall and was almost to the sink when the flushing noise turned into something very, very far from normal. I looked back into the stall to see water GEYSERING out of the toilet - I mean, straight up a couple of feet into the air, showering back down all over the floor.

I fled in terror.

After cowering for a moment in my office, I called maintenance to report it but spun it as though I'd found the bathroom like that. I don't know why, it's not like they were gonna discipline me for plumbing damage and anyway I know it was nothing I did (no way my small wad of tissue plugged up the works). But still, my first instinct was to redirect so that others are blamed. That being the case, why oh WHY have I not progressed further up the corporate ladder???

4 Comments:

  • LOL! If you ever want to become administration in academia, you'd also have a fine career!

    By Blogger basil, at 12:39 PM  

  • Lol, I was thinking you were going to tell us a zombie clown came after you while you were in the stall.

    I saw Zombieland last night; I LMAO'ed!

    By Blogger Topcat, at 3:05 PM  

  • I recently went to the bathroom at work and discovered one of the toilets slowly over flowing. I used the other stall to do my business, crept out and let someone else find it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:25 PM  

  • Sandy, I knew you'd love that flick! The whole time, I was wishing you were watching it with me!

    By Blogger Helly, at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home