The Hellhole

Friday, February 19, 2010

While I was having problems with my Sebring, I hitched a few rides to work with my friend Anne. This worked out well for us so we continued to carpool, even after my automobile situation got sorted. I'm glad we're carpooling because it saves us both money, wear-and-tear on our cars, saves time because we can use the carpool lanes, it's nice to have someone to chat with during the commute - but all those reasons are overshadowed by this: I have a witness to Atlanta Traffic Idiocy.

Two weeks ago, there was the truck backing up down Forsyth Street in the opposite lane - that is, he was facing the same way we were, but moving in the same direction as oncoming traffic because he was in reverse. This morning, we were headed down Peachtree Center Avenue and stopped at a red light behind a minivan-taxi. After a couple of seconds of idling, the taxi driver hopped out of his minivan; I groaned inwardly, thinking his taxi had broken down and knowing that I'd have a devil of a time finding a break in traffic to go around him. But NO, friends and neighbors, that was not the case at all! Taxi Dude left his keys in, motor running as he skedaddled over to a U.S. Post Office truck in another lane and handed the driver a letter. Just taking care of a few errands during his morning commute.

I don't know, writing it down doesn't seem as funny as watching it, but we cracked up over dude hopping out of his car at a red light in the middle of downtown rush hour to run over and mail a letter with the post office truck instead of waiting until he walked by a mailbox.

2 Comments:

  • at lease he didn't go hijack a bread truck.....

    lol
    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:56 AM  

  • Anything to save time, right! ha ha.

    Afton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home