The Hellhole

Saturday, January 30, 2010

This is the time of year that I usually predict the winner of the Super Bowl. Faithful readers know that I do this based upon my very own formulated Parseghian Principle - count the number of Notre Dame players on the roster, team with the most Fightin' Irishmen wins. I'm usually correct, too; I think the Principle has failed only twice since 2001.

This year I'm stumped. Neither contender has a single Notre Dame alumnus on the roster. How this happened - how two teams with NO Fighting Irishmen managed to make it to the big show is beyond me. I have no idea what to do; historically, my principle has been formulated on players, but given this dilemma I expanded to head coaches too. No one has a Notre Dame history, or even a remote connection that I've been able to determine.

The Colts have one Notre Dame player on their practice squad, Terrail Lambert, so if I were forced to place a bet, it would probably be on the Colts, but I have no confidence in this choice because this year, for the first time in history, my principle does not apply.

2 Comments:

  • How about the Saints have a more Catholic sounding name?

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 3:44 PM  

  • lol @ Nancy

    And in unrelated news, I saw the flickr blog today and thought of you:

    http://blog.flickr.net/en/2010/02/05/up-helly-aa-2010/

    By Blogger Kristal, at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home