The Hellhole

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Saturday's Haul
We went to GameStop to get Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for me and things got out of hand. Check out our swag.

<--- Just a regular shop for us, this.

Ha, AbFab reference. It's actually not as bad/impulsive as it seems. We had planned and budgeted for a Wii for some time, specifically for the Wii Fit but hadn't been able to find the game anywhere. There was no point in buying the console if we didn't have the fitness game, so we held off. However, when we were at GameStop there was a whole stack of Wii Fit Plus. I asked about it, making sure this was everything we needed and not just the game expansion, which had been the case when we briefly thought we'd lucked out at B.J.'s. It was the complete game so I bought it, but GameStop had no Wii consoles - which turned out to be a good thing.


We went to Best Buy for Alan to get a new phone, which was rather a tedious process since there were glitches and issues with their computer systems. I got bored and went over to video games. Best Buy had Wiis aplenty and was doing a special: you got the console itself, an extra remote control, an extra nunchuk, a charging station and rechargeable batteries for the remotes, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort all for $269. I bought it.

Alan is having fun with the games and we are serious about using the Fit Plus. Saturday we played the fun Sports games but on Sunday, we got the Fit Plus set up, did the body tests, etc. and took turns doing a workout. Aside from goofing around with it, seeing what this was like and what that did, we each did thirty minute aerobic workouts, which I am pleased to report resulted in me evidently burning enough calories to ingest a Tic Tac.

6 Comments:

  • A tic-tac - ha! I hope you love Wii Fit! Exercise games have turned out to be the best way for me to exercise - privacy of own home, no gym fees, no weather, not as boring as treadmill, etc. You can really get a decent workout with Wii Fit, although hard core body builder types might disagree. Whatever. I love the flying chicken game.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:04 PM  

  • Flying chicken game???

    By Blogger Helly, at 10:18 PM  

  • It's one of the "Training Plus" games. Where you also find "Kung Fu" which is fun and kind of beautiful if not terribly aerobic. Those are the two best of the "training plus" section, in my opinion. With the chicken game, you stand on the balance board and flap your arms to fly and pray that no one happens to be looking in your window.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:28 AM  

  • My kids are having fun with ours. My 6 year old (Jessica) rates "expert" with the grounded V-sit in yoga. I hope they keep playing the active games once the novelty wears off!
    Afton

    P.S. I laughed out loud about the tic-tac, too

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 AM  

  • We haven't played the flying chicken game, Kung Fu or yoga yet - we've only done things in the aerobic section. I need to check out the chickens!

    By Blogger Helly, at 2:45 PM  

  • I hate you...just kidding. I was kinda sad when the xbox survived last time, I was all set for a PS3.

    I have a list of games I need to pick up, which is why I'm all envious...that said, I'm not huge into Wii. I've played it enough to know they are hell cool, but that I don't really want one.

    I think you'll love Elder Scrolls 4...if for no other reason, The Dark Brotherhood.


    What...is the color of night?
    -Bo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home