The Hellhole

Saturday, June 20, 2009

NOM.

Nom nom nom to eleventy! So, May 29th was the anniversary for The Boss & me working together, for about a gazillion years, and he said instead of us doing something the two of us, as a reward I should take Alan to dinner anywhere I wanted and give him the bill. Then he said, "Well, anywhere in ATLANTA! Don't be flying to Vegas to eat at Bellagio or the Virgin Islands to your favorite resort or something and then handing over the tab, that's not what I meant!"

The Boss. He knows me well.

I kinda wanted to go here, but Alan has a...less than adventurous palate, so Bacchanalia and several other restaurants did not appeal. He's all about steaks and taters, so I said off-handedly, "Well, there's always Bone's."

Bone's is not only consistently rated the best steakhouse in Atlanta (by Zagat's, not me) but several times named best steakhouse in America. To which Alan replied, "I've never been to Bone's."

Never.

Been to...

Bone's???

Those words...can they be used that way, in a sentence?

W. T. F. ???

I mean, I haven't eaten there a thousand times like The Boss, but I've BEEN. I've taken my mom, my brother, friends, various craptacular men I've dated...how can you love steak, live in Atlanta and never eat at Bone's?!? HOW?!? *shakes fist skyward*

I said to Alan, "I can't fix the past. But I can tell you what we're doing this weekend."

We went tonight and it was fabulous. Since they know me there (well, to be fair, they know The Boss, and know me because I call in his reservations) they brought us pheasant sausage and balsamic-marinaded onions and shortbread cookies and mint chockies for free just 'cause they love me...but I digress....

Most yummalicious steak EVAH, so much so that Alan, Mr. Miser, wants to go there again even when we have to pay ourselves. I'm not going to argue - lovely meal, about to bust now from overeating but I totally do not care, gastronomic fabulosity beyond measure. Mmmm. Mmmmmmmmm.

As an adjunct to my '67 pairs of shoes' post, you might be interested to know that I wore these tonight to Bone's.

They originally were very ordinary, boring patent leather pumps but see all the spangly, sparkly fun things at the toes?

Those aren't actually part of the shoes - they are old-lady clip-on earrings, which my gramma saw at Belk or somewhere, thought they'd look great as an accessory on some black patent pumps, and bought for me. Well, as usual, she was right - IMO anyway.


I wore this dress -

My gramma did not put any clip-on earrings on the dress. It came this way.

Not much to add about dinner - I couldn't do it justice - delectable, tender, lovely meats, crispy taters, decadent dessert and...







oh yeah...yeah, I went there. I don't think $275 is too much for wine, do you?

Especially not if The Boss is paying...

The only complaint I have is about the valet parking. I tried to get the guy to give us this bitchin' 911, but he was rather firm about us leaving in MY car. Hmpf.

6 Comments:

  • He's gotta be The. Best. Boss. Evah!

    I'm so glad ya'll got to go..Alan had never been to Bones?! WTF x 2!

    What a lovely dress - I'll bet you were the prettiest girl there. I'd forgotten about the sparkly clips..your gramma was definitely the fashion diva!

    mom

    BTW- re: previous blog...'docile obedient child'?????????????????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 AM  

  • I love the outfit! If I am ever in Atlanta, I must check out this Bones. It sounds DELISH.

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 9:23 AM  

  • You want to know something sad? Not only did I never eat there in the 20 years I called Atlanta home, I never even heard of Bones. And I love me some steak.

    -Sandy

    By Blogger Topcat, at 4:02 PM  

  • Sandy, that is reason enough for a trip. Tell Jon to gas up the plane, 'cause we are SO there.

    By Blogger Helly, at 5:34 PM  

  • Happy Anniversary! Awesome present. I've never been to or heard of Bones, either. Can we join the entourage when Sandy visits?

    What is that steak place I went to two or three times in high school, up on a hill off the interstate? I went there with Steve Jones before the prom that I didn't go to with Richard. They had really good steak and beer cheese soup. Even though I don't recall us going there together, you usually remember everything I've forgotten, so help me out!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 5:11 PM  

  • Hmm, steak place near the interstate? Near school or near prom? There were several I can remember: Quinn's Mill, Penrod's, Ray's on the River, further downtown Pilgreen's, The Mansion, The Abbey...Excelsior Mill had good beer cheese soup but I don't think that's the place you mean...can you narrow it down, even with an obscure detail? I'm good at obscure details.

    By Blogger Helly, at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home