The Hellhole

Monday, June 08, 2009

Mmmm, what a lovely weekend - Saturday at the spa with Cheryl, having facials and body wraps, then lunch and girl-time. Yesterday we went to Mom's to grill out, my brother and his wife joining us from Greenville, and then yay! Matt turned up. I haven't seen him in way too long. Good food, cold beer, great people - yay.

Best of all, time at Mom's meant I could obtain some evidence for a follow-up to this blog post, in which I assure my friend Phil that his girlfriend Leslie is a typical girl at 48 pairs of shoes, sporting a respectable 67 myself.

Leslie and I are amateurs.

The top of my mom's closet:
This doesn't show all the shoes because if I stood far enough back to get the whole shelf, the individual boxes didn't show up well in the photo - it just looked like a long colorful blur.

So here's another shot - leftmost end. (That gray and white striped Neiman Marcus bag is hiding THREE boxes of shoes.)

But wait there's more!






The floor of one end of the same closet:



That blue thing on top is a purse. Trust me, guys, shoes are one thing but you DON'T even want to go there on purses.


BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

Those are my mom's good shoes. Flip-flops, casual sandals, slip-ons - those all live in a pile in ANOTHER closet!

BEHOLD!
Mom had counted into the 80s before she ever left the main closet. Then I took this picture, and then I had to use the bathroom (cold beer, y'know).



I found these in the bathroom, which made me wonder how many pairs of shoes were strewn about the house, stashed in handy places.


(The white stripe of thing there at the top is the bathroom scale.)

So then I went scouting and found these in the study, apparently her 'bumming around cleaning the house' shoes.




BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!







Went back out onto the porch to report my findings and found a pair of walking/exercising tennis shoes.














Then, I was sitting there laughing about it when I spotted THESE, her gardening/lawn care tennis shoes, which she'd washed and set onto a porch rail to dry.




BUT (and this is the last time I'm going to write this, at least today) WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!




There was also the pair she was currently sporting, on her teeny-tiny cute little feet!


I am therefore absolved for my 67 pairs of shoes. I think I have demonstrated remarkable resistance against heredity.



But I still do not wish to discuss purses.

6 Comments:

  • hee hee

    Now all your readers know exactly why your dad planned to build an additional room on our house..just for 'your damn shoes'!

    mom

    ps-thanks for complimenting my 'teeny-tiny cute little feet'!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 AM  

  • Those are nice feets!

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 8:33 AM  

  • There's no perspective in the picture, but she wears a size 5. Tiny little feets!

    By Blogger Helly, at 8:50 AM  

  • Fortunately, Leslie does not also have a purse fetish. She hates them, in fact. I think she owns one or two but never actually carries them with her. Instead, she prefers her Ravenclaw backpack, which she uses as a general store-all.

    cheers,
    Phil

    By Blogger Phil C., at 8:09 AM  

  • I loved the 'Wait there's more!" - it was so exciting to see the next round of shoes - and I now feel totally okay about my multiple closets/groups of shoes. The last pair are sooo cute - what are they?
    Lisa

    By Blogger DrL/K, at 10:29 PM  

  • Damn-your blog didn't like my added comment, so here it is again:
    Helster-we missed a pair of basic white Keds (drying outdoors after bleaching/washing).

    Lisa- the black sandals are Dr. Scholl's.

    mom/mikey

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home