The Hellhole

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hello? Is anybody out there? Sorry I've been such a slack-ass blogger lately. I haven't been in the mood to write - not in a bad/depressed mood, nothing bad has happened - just not feeling inspired.

So as I may have mentioned a time or three, we have a new puppy. Esme is pretty well pad-trained already (just needs reinforcement) so most misbehavior involves cord-gnawing, puppy wrestling matches that get too rowdy, nomming off-limits objects, that kind of thing. Discipline largely falls to Alan as he works from home. However, he's not always able to shout a loud "No!" at the appropriate moment because he does tech support and is often on the phone.

Therefore, we decided that a squirt bottle of water would be our parental weapon of choice. Alan can fire at will, on the phone or not. Tonight at the grocery store, we had our choice of three squirt bottles: a very small (maybe a pint) size, a medium one and a huge one. Which to buy?

"Well, how bad do you think she's gonna be?" asked Alan.

(I dunno. It was funny when he said it but I thought it didn't translate well to the written word. My mom said post it anyhow, though, and y'all know I've always been a docile, obedient child.)

4 Comments:

  • It gave me a chuckle. I guess the things to consider are a) quantity of water needed in your squirt bottle and b) the amount of force with which the water exits the squirt bottle, for maximum punishment potential. Of course one doesn't want to be too harsh on the cute pup :)

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 1:12 PM  

  • I laughed.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 PM  

  • Alan says some VERY funny things, sometimes without meaning to be funny. As I told the Helster, I guess you hadda be there.....

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM  

  • I know Alan, I can really hear him saying that. It's funny. I should have had a spray bottle when Mailda was a puppy. She was a mess!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home