The Hellhole

Thursday, June 25, 2009

65 Questions You’ve Probably Never Been Asked…

Via Flippy -

1. First thing you wash in the shower?
I hardly ever take showers. No, I'm not super-stinky - I just prefer baths. Hot bubble baths with scented oils/bubbles, often a good book...mmmm...wait, what? Oh, washing. Well, unless there's some stain or nastiness necessitating the bath, I always start with my left shoulder, and work down/sideways from there.

2. What color is your favorite hoodie?
I don’t like hoodies - not on me, anyway, they are fine on others. I have long, poofy hair and I think hoodies make me look weird. They make my hair hang oddly and/or clump around my neck and I don't like it. My favorite color hoodie of Alan's is olive green.

3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
Sure. Probably at about 10:45 tonight, in fact.

4. Do you plan outfits?
Yes. I am a very matchy sort of girl. I've even been known (Alan will exasperatedly attest to this) to search through drawers rejecting black, blue and dark pink nighties in search of a pale pink nightie, if I happen to be wearing pale pink underwear.

5. How are you feeling RIGHT now?
Happy. Off from work, glass of wine to the right, kitteh and one puppeh to the left, two smaller puppehs to the right, just got a call from my bestest friend that a tip I'd given her earlier today has this quickly resulted in a job (at least a consultant or part-time gig). I'm glad about that. She deserves better than the hand she's been dealt lately.

6. Whats the closest thing to you that’s red?
My mouse! I have a Ferrari laptop and the little black mouse is trimmed in a wide, 1/2" or so red stripe. Entirely red would be Mister Finnovar's kitty house - the top two stories are red vinyl-tent-like-stuff.

7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
I dreamed that I went to Keelyn and John (my sister-in-law and her ex)'s old house in Morrow. I don't know why I was going there because even in the dream, I knew they had moved and weren't living there. When I got there, there were rosebushes all over the lawn - as in, you could barely see a blade of grass for all the rosebushes - and workmen were converting their carport into a screened porch. I knew there was a key under the front mat so I went in, but I have no idea why - e.g., I had not been dispatched to retrieve an item they'd left behind or anything.

8. Did you meet anybody new today?
No. My perambulations at work are pretty regular - bank, post office box, same several restaurants for lunch - I'm a regular at all of those and most of the workers already know me. I didn't go anywhere other than the office.

9. What are you craving right now?
Just a little vacation. I want the beach, or at least a lake, at a place where we can take the pets.

10. Do you floss?
Not nearly as much as I should - mostly on weekends (I'm always in a rush in the mornings and I stay up until I'm about to drop at night) or when I get something caught in my teeth.

11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage?
Dolls. The guy that invented Cabbage Patch Dolls (I have two) is from north Georgia.

12. Are you emotional?
Eh, I don't know. I get mad pretty easily, especially about something that ought to be straightforward and turns nightmarish, e.g, why does it take 45 minutes, 4 downloads and 3 file converters to print this one STINKIN' paragraph?!? but I don't cry at sappy movies or begin nightly conversations with my husband by telling him we need to evaluate our relationship because he's not VALIDATING my FEELINGS. Decision-making, I'm very much a "head rules the heart" kind of person. I'd say I feel things very deeply but I'm not one to let things show.

13. Have you ever counted to 1,000?
Not that I recall. I may have had to in elementary school, like count to 1000 by tens or something, but of my own volition? Nah.

14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
I lick it; my teeth are very sensitive to cold so I don't bite right into much of anything - even fruit, I'd rather cut into pieces than chomp right in.

15. Do you like your hair?
Yes. Sometimes I wish it weren't so big (the more humid = the bigger Helly's hair) but I think it's my best feature. I get compliments on my hair and that makes me happy.

16. Do you like yourself?
Yes. Not in a vain, narcissistic way, but I'm pretty happy being me.

17. Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
Hell yes! I think it would be a blast! I'd have blog fodder for WEEKS.

18. What are you listening to right now?
Generally, "Octane", Sirius's 'new hard rock' channel. Specifically, Pop Evil's "Another Romeo & Juliet". Meh, really, but the channel Alan left on when he went back to his study - "1st Wave - Classic Alternative" - is playing Duran Duran's "Rio" - and who needs THAT? Honestly.

19. Are your parents strict?
No.

20. Would you go sky diving?
No, even though one of my friends owns a drop zone. Theoretically, I think it would be fun and exhilarating and a great thrill, if I could just DO it. But realistically, it takes way too much time and preparation - lectures/instruction, suiting up, take-off, airplane reaching required altitude, etc., which leaves WAY TOO MUCH time for me to think about all the awful things that could possibly go wrong, and probably will because it's me.

21. Do you like cottage cheese?
No. The taste is minimal and the appearance and texture bother me as well. Cooked into things, it's fine however.

22. Have you ever met a celebrity?
Yes, several. I met various semi-famous and eventually-famous musicians when I played out and about with never-famous bands. Also, several years ago I hung out regularly with a very close friend and this guy knew EVERYBODY, both actors and musicians. For example, once I dropped by his apartment and Ice T was there. He gave me a CD. Then one time I was over and G.W.A.R. was there, one of whom kept shushing me when I was trying to talk to my friend, because - I swear this is true - they were not just watching, but were enraptured by - This Old House. Alan says controlled substances must have played a part in this rapture, but I couldn't say - despite bar-band nights and occasional drunkenness, I am remarkably drug-naive. (I kinda like that about me, too.)

23. Do you rent movies often?
Almost never. I used to rent from DirecTV on their pay-per-view system but in the last handful of years, I either want it enough to buy the DVD or am totally uninterested.

24. Is there anything sparkly in the room you’re in?
Not a thing, exactly, but my nail polish is sparkly (clear with pale purple sparkles).

25. How many countries have you visited?
Well, I never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music. They say the ladies are insane there, and they sure know how to use it (c'mon sing it with me now!)

26. Have you made a prank phone call?
OMG, I loved prank phone calls when I was a kid! I loved thinking up jokes to pull on people. Oh yeah, I got in trouble - but I LOVED prank phone calls. Like to Stanley Steemer: "Hey I got this coupon and I was wondering: can y'all get blood out of carpet? I mean, like, A LOT of blood?"

27. Ever been on a train?
Not unless you count amusement park trains. I've ridden trains at Stone Mountain and other similar places, but not for real.

28. Brown or white eggs?
I've never noticed enough of a difference to care.

29. Do you have a cell-phone?
Yes. I hardly ever use it and even more rarely text, but every time I think of giving it up as an unnecessary expense, something happens that makes me SO THANKFUL that I have one. So yeah. It's a pink Motorola Raz-R-Phone and it plays the Fruity Oaty Bar commercial from Serenity when someone calls.

30. Do you use chapstick?
No.

31. Do you own a gun?
Yep. S&W 9mm. Want a Glock.

32. Can you use chopsticks?
Yes. Not to say I don't miss sometimes.

33. Who are you going to be with tonight?
The Husband, Finnovar the kitteh and three doggies: Sprocket-Rocket Hero Pup, Mister Fusspot and wee little Esme.

34. Are you too forgiving?
No, I don't think so. Minor infractions, no big deal but I tend to adhere to the "fool me once" school of thought.

35. Ever been in love?
Yes.

36. What is your best friend(s) doing tomorrow?
I think she's starting a new job (see above). Fuzzy best friends? napping, romping and wreaking havoc.

37. Ever have cream puffs?
Yes.

38. Last time you cried?
Hmmm, I think it was whatever day we went to see "Up". Great movie, don't get me wrong, but there were some VERY sad moments.

39. What was the last question you asked?
“Hey, Alan! Was "Spanish Bombs" on 'Sandanista' or 'London Calling'?" (It was playing on whatever Sirius/XM channel I'd surfed to. Answer: London Calling.)

40. Favorite time of the year?
Summer. Lovely warm and no pollens for my allergies.

41. Who did you last call?
Some douche with an overdue account at work.

42. Are you sarcastic?
You read my blog, and yet you ask this question? No, not AT ALL.

43. Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?
No. Cheryl liked it and loaned it to me but I didn't watch it...other things taking precedence I guess.

44. Ever walked into a wall?
Oh yeah. I'm the queen of klutz, even stone cold sober.

45. Favorite color?
Helly Green! (That's slightly darker and more forest-y than Kelly Green)

46. Have you ever slapped someone?
I honestly don't think I ever have.

47. Is your hair curly?
It curls on the ends, for sure. But mostly it's - like red wines with rich, complex flavors that linger on the palate - full-bodied. Always full, usually wavy, sometimes curly.

48. What was the last CD you bought?
It's weird in that I am SURE I must have bought something since then, if not for me for Alan, but the last one I specifically remember purchasing was the remastered "Piper At The Gates of Dawn"...surely I've bought music since? Nothing comes to mind. The last CD to arrive at our household was a boxed set of Coheed and Cambria, live.

49. Do looks matter?
Yes, sometimes more than others. I'll be the first to describe an everyday, ordinary person as "totally adorable" or "just lovely" if they're smart and can make me laugh, so personality goes a VERY long way but let's be honest: there are some people who are completely unfuckable.

50. Could you ever forgive a cheater?
I'm not sure. I could forgive a one-night-stand in the heat of passion a lot easier than I could forgive a long, ongoing affair of the heart. I mean, if Morena Baccarin came on to my husband and he succumbed, I'd kinda have to forgive him because if she came on to me? I would. And I'm not even gay. But, like, if I found out he'd been sleeping with his secretary for 8 months? I'd have to kill them both, and feed them to the dogs. With Heinz 57 sauce.

51. Is your phone bill sky high?
No, not at all. We don't even have call-waiting. Paying to effing get interrupted? Not my thang.

52. Do you like your life right now?
Yeah, pretty much. There are some things I'd like to change, some problems hovering and some things that bug me, but do the positives outweigh the negatives? For sure.

53. Do you sleep with the TV on?
No, never.

54. Can you handle the truth?
Absolutely.

55. Do you have good vision?
OMG, NO! I've even had my driver's license revoked for a period, because my vision deteriorated beyond acceptable levels. I can't even see the BIG LARGE NUMBERS on the digital clock that's on a table about 14" from my pillow unless I pick the clock up and hold it near my nose.

56. Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?
Hate, no. I don't hate anybody. But dislike? - oh hells yeah.

57. How often do you talk on the phone?
I don't like it but I have to do a good bit of it at work and consequently dislike even more doing so on a personal level. I'd much rather use the phone to arrange lunch: "Frontera?" "Sure." "One-thirty?" "Yep." and then talk in person, or send e-mails to non-local friends.

58. The last person you held hands with?
Alan. His hands are a lot bigger than mine so mostly he holds out his index finger and I wrap my hand around that.

59. What are you wearing?
Orange and purple tie-dye Billabong t-shirt and shorts set.

60.What is your favorite animal?
The liger is pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed, bred for its skills in magic. Sorry, Napoleon Dynamite moment - I love animals, anything cute and fuzzy; even though we have more puppehs than kittehs, it's hard to choose. I'd feed and love and care for everyone if I could. I'd love an exotic cat, like a jaguarundi or a caracal. I want an alpaca; if we EVER sell this house and buy one we actually want, with some land, I want a wee widdle alpaca. Of course I know wee widdle alpacas grow up into great big alpacas, but I'm prepared to risk it.

61. Where was your default picture taken?
I think the one on my blog and on flickr were both at home - the blog one with Finnovar in our bedroom and the flickr one in our den.

62. Can you hula hoop?
Yes. After childhood - in our twenties, I guess - my then-roommate and I read that it was good exercise so we went to Target. Consequently, I have a Barbie hula hoop filled with metallic stars and glitter and crap. Not that I'm great at it, but yes, I can.

63. Do you have a job?
Yeah.

64. What was the most recent thing you bought?
Pupperoni, puppy pads, garbage bags, Ziploc bags and 2 bottles of red wine at Sam's. We needed garbage bags and pupperoni; the rest I knew we'd need soon enough. The red wine I don't guess I exactly needed, but I knew eventually I'd WANT it. Which I might.

65. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Why yes. Yes I have. The story is here.

1 Comments:

  • Check me in a couple of hours and I'll have one of these, too.

    By Anonymous Heather, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home