The Hellhole

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A puppeh snoozes happily against his dad's arm.

It's Thanksgiving today but Alan is working - and has a short shift tomorrow - so we aren't gathering with relatives or anything. On Saturday we will go to my mom's and join my brother and his wife for the traditional feast delectably prepared by mom. We're doing a little something special just for ourselves tonight though - we bought a h-u-g-e standing rib roast at Publix so we're going to have prime rib tonight, along with salad and potatoes, which will be these yummy oven-roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary that Alan and I sort of developed ourselves. It's easy and delicious - if you want the recipe (which is really more of a guideline) let me know.

I was getting over my cold but now I seem to be fighting a relapse. If my nose is stuffed up and I can't taste my mom's Thanksgiving delights, I shall be VERY put out. Of course Alan never even got a tingle in his throat - jerk. Actually, I'm glad I didn't pass it to him.

I have a lovely stack of unread books: the two latest in Jasper Fforde's 'Thursday Next' series, the two newest of Janet Evanovich's 'Stephanie Plum' novels (one of which I dropped into the bath Tuesday night, but it's drying out and should be readable soon), and a Harlan Coben that I don't think is that new, but I haven't read it yet, Gone For Good. I love having a stack of unread adventures - it's so promising, somehow.

Hope everyone has a safe, happy and wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

  • Puppy is just too cute!

    Also - I love having good books to read at hand... So much fun! :)

    By Blogger Z, at 9:20 AM  

  • Thanks, Z - I come to my blog several times a day just to look at that sweet little puppeh face.

    By Blogger Helly, at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home