The Hellhole

Friday, May 23, 2008

I read Atlanta's local paper Creative Loafing online; one of the standard items appearing on the sidebar is "Today's Creative Loving profile", an ad selected from CL's personals. I generally don't read the personals, being very happily married, but my attention was captured by the featured ad just now, much like the horrified fascination engendered by a traffic accident. Today's featured profile is Theo. Here is Theo's ad:

hi i,m theo i,m 42 years old,black male thats lives in atlanta.i,m 6,3 235lbs,i love photography,music and art.i,m looking for a lady that is honest and true to herself.race does not matter to me because i like all races of women,it,s whats in her heart that matters.i like open minded women and women that are ladies in the street and a beast in the bedroom. can introduce me to the fascinating world of capitalization and the properly placed apostrophe!

It's gonna be okay, Theo! I fixed it for you!

5 Comments:

  • I like this guy: http://atlanta.selectalternatives.com/gyrobase/Personals/Profile?person=oid%3A304004

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

  • Hehe, you think the editors of the magazine would fix his grammar.

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 8:47 AM  

  • I'm glad to see the creative loafing personals are as entertaining as they were before I left Atlanta.

    -Sandy

    By Blogger Topcat, at 7:48 AM  

  • Geez, what a trainwreck. I love the people who say they're intelligent...and then misspell it.

    NICE GUY'S FINISH FIRST
    Hey all,I'am Matt,and i am an intellegent,sexy lol and a total goofball...I am a down to earth dude who is looking for an amazing woman who i can learn from and her learn from me as well.
    I love the Braves,Chillin at the house and hitting the town.


    And, in the picture he posted, he very clearly lopped off the body of a woman. Yeah, that's the way to get a date, show a picture that has your ex partially in it.

    Thanks for my new guilty pleasure.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:02 AM  

  • I have a whole essay I wrote making fun of CL personals, way before my blog started. One of my pet peeves was people who emphasized the need for "intelligence" in a potential date, yet clearly possessed very little of it themselves. Heh - I just e-mailed it to you.

    By Blogger Helly, at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home