The Hellhole

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We went down on Sunday to see my mom for Mother's Day. We went to this restaurant which she likes - well, I do, too. They have fabulous, mostly Caribbean-style seafood but good steaks and appetizers as well. She and I had these luscious raspberry martinis, too - I think they were called French martinis, but I'm not sure that's a specific thing or just this restaurant's designation. Afterward, we hung out on her back porch (she and I drinking wine) which was lots of fun until my allergies overrode my meds.

The interesting thing about Mother's Day was that while we were gone, someone came and removed all the wooden boards that had been left leaning up against the Skanky Neighbor House. I think I'm going to start referring to it as the Curséd House, since there haven't been any actual Skanky Neighbors in residence in nearly three years. But anyway, the lumber disappeared. Technically, I don't know for a fact that they didn't move it inside one of the rooms, but given the history of that place, I am much more inclined to believe that someone bought supplies, delivered, unloaded and left them, then returned to move them elsewhere instead of actually utilizing any of them in a repair. Nothing that goes on over there makes any kind of logical sense to me...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home