The Hellhole

Friday, May 16, 2008

Does this happen to anyone but me? Seriously.

Last evening after I finished my bath and was changing into my night clothes, I had an awful moment of extreme panic. "What's this?!? Oh no! I must have gained weight! Like 20 pounds of weight! AAAAGH! I can't have gained that much weight...I look the same...don't I? Maybe I don't! I have gained weight! Noooo! But my other clothes still fit...oh no! This is horrible!"

...and then came a blissful moment of relief when I realized that I looked the same as usual, and that the reason my underwear seemed way, WAY too small was that I had turned it wrongly and was trying to stretch a leg-hole over my hips.

6 Comments:

  • bwahaha! I can totally see myself doing that! Haven't done the exact same thing, but have tried to use arm holes for my neck before ;) (and many a time forgotten that there is a zipper to be unzipped)

    By Blogger Z, at 8:45 AM  

  • Haha! You are not alone in bonehead moments. I am sure I could manage to do that same exact thing, or some variation thereof.

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 9:05 AM  

  • You are not alone. That story really made me laugh.

    By Blogger basil, at 8:07 AM  

  • that is certainly NOT a "bonehead moment." i have often ended up in my underhosen that way...of course it was usually during the brutal mornings following excessive abuse of libation.

    but then...omit the undergarment altogether.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 AM  

  • I'm glad I'm not alone! And I totally love the phrase "excessive abuse of libation". (S)wine has just summarized my life, rendering that whole tedious task of writing my autobiography unnecessary.

    :-)

    By Blogger Helly, at 4:43 PM  

  • well there you go. that solves that.
    also, meant to answer your question: i do play an instrument; once upon a long time ago i was a drummer in a band which toured the east coast of the states. this was during bush 1's tenure...shudder, shudder, what times those were.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home