The Hellhole

Sunday, November 18, 2007

So, my precious beloved ThinkPad is dead, may or may not be repairable and repairs may or may not be affordable. In any event, it will be some time before Alan is able to drop it by the computer repair place I trust, now that I've been schooled in power supplies by Computer Girl (see last Wednesday). I found a new laptop and negotiated successfully with The Boss but I'm not happy. I'm second-guessing myself and wondering if 'X' dollars for this feature is really worth it, couldn't I have done without this speed/that much memory and saved 'X' dollars. I'm debating whether or not I should keep it, maybe I should send it back unopened the second it arrives and every option in between. I hate that trait about myself; I can never make a decision and be happy with it/be resigned to it, I have to pick it apart from every conceivable angle and overanalyze everything To Death - and I mean everything, stuff like whether or not I want an appetizer, much less major things like computer purchases. Grrrrr.

2 Comments:

  • I can see that you decided to keep it. Good! That's what I would've told you to do anyway. The extra money that you spend, you could've frittered it away on nothing anyway eventually. Now, you have cool computer extras to show for it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 AM  

  • You're right. I can just never leave a decision alone and live with it. But it is SHINY! I must have. I love it now.

    By Blogger Helly, at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home