The Hellhole

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Only Me

Our garage door opener is malfunctioning, as Alan discovered when he tried to leave today. He had to unplug it; he called to let me know so I wouldn't be surprised this evening when my clicker wouldn't work. I pulled into the driveway and parked, intending to go in through the front door, unlock and open the garage from the inside and park my car.

OW!

When I unlatched and flipped aside the seat belt, the shoulder strap automatically retracted and took a large hank of my hair with it. I guess today was a bigger hair day than usual (hey, it was an advantage in the 80s). My hair was rolled up inside the seat belt mechanism and my neck had to remain at a funny angle so it didn't pull worse. I tried pulling out the belt but I guess the hair hadn't rolled evenly because it didn't want to let go of some of it. I had to keep extending and releasing the belt while tugging gently to free my tresses.

The entire time this is going on, Sprocket is raising unholy hell inside the house because there! is! a car! outside! right outside our house outside! it is a stranger! obviously! because mom or dad would come inside! OMG barking may not be enough! Maybe I should fling my tiny body against the door! woofwoofwoofwoofwoofwoofwoofwoofwoofwoofWOOF!

Does this sort of thing happen to ANYBODY but me?

3 Comments:

  • haha, maybe he knew Mommy was home! Or he was guarding against intruders.

    Hershey does the same thing when one of us comes home - she acts like she hasn't seen us in a year. Maybe it's a shit-zhu thing?

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 9:16 PM  

  • Our Shih Tzu...barks twice a year. Our terrier mix on the other paw, a million yaps a day. So much so that Blackjack oftens says, "Cricket! No barking!"

    Phoenix, the Shih Tzu, does get excited when we come home from going anywhere, and she wags her whole body, but that's because she's expecting her, "Oh what a good girl treat". Does every dog get a treat when they come in from outside AND when their owner comes in from outside?

    And to answer the important question - No, really, it kind of only happens to you. See, our version is...the garage door isn't opening very well. The button works, but the door sticks when it's coldish outside. So, we either have one of us push the button and the other to push the door (or it'll think there's something caught in it, and it reverses, and sometimes it'll just go up & down, up & down) or if we do it alone, we have to have the remote in one hand and push on the door with the other.

    There is never any hair getting caught in the seatbelt involved. Oh wait, heh, compare our hair! LOL. You're such a straight foofy girl. Although, sometimes not, really - car races, hockey fights, etc. You're an anomaly, Helly, an anomaly I say.

    By the way, I loooove the new follow-up comment notifier. It's about time Blogger entered the modern world. Now, if I'm behind on my reading (like now) and I get caught up and write something, I don't miss out if the blog owner responds. I'm so happy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 AM  

  • I can't help it - the innate girly-girl comes out even when I'm doing something atypical of the foofy girl. Like when I scored 45-yard-line tickets to take my brother to a Dallas Cowboys football game (his fave team since toddlerhood), I got a manicure the day before so my nails were perfect - and Cowboy blue. And my lipstick matched. Seriously - Bo will confirm this.

    By Blogger Helly, at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home