The Hellhole

Monday, April 24, 2006

EEEEEEEEEUUUUWWW!

I had to go downstairs a moment ago and as I approached the elevator bank a man was getting off one elevator so I scooted to catch that one. He was well-dressed, in a silk shirt and nice pants, Italian shoes...but as I discovered when I got onto the elevator, he did not believe in deoderant nor in regular baths, and by "regular" I mean "annual". Seriously, the B.O. was worse than rotting carrion of an unshowered sewer worker. It was so horrible that I gagged - and the guy wasn't even in the elevator car any longer. The fumes were almost visible, I'm not kidding. But wait it gets worse.

The elevator went down only one floor before it stopped for this trio of proper, well-bred Southern ladies to get on. The stench was still palpable and I didn't know what to do. Should I call attention to the horrible odor by pointing out that it wasn't me? Or would they assume it was me regardless and think the lady doth protest too much? Should I stay silent and pray they didn't notice? Aaaagh, embarassment either way. I didn't say anything. And now I am scandalized to think that there are ladies running around the building thinking I never bathe, and probably talking about my deficiencies in personal hygiene. It wasn't me! I don't stink! I don't! AAAAAGH!

2 Comments:

  • If you need a letter of reference to post in the elevator, I'd be happy to do it.

    Dear Elevator Patrons:

    Helly doesn't stink. I know this to be a fact.

    Signed,

    Flippy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM  

  • Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm so glad I can count on my friends. :-)

    By Blogger Helly, at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home