The Hellhole

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Old Corona


Old Corona
Originally uploaded by Helly007.
Friday we went to Rockdale County Probate Court to get our marriage license. They had a display of old documents, an antique desk and this old Corona manual typewriter. I took a picture with my RazR phone because I immediately thought of my friends K'vitsh (a girl who loves her typewriter) and Nancy (whose late father's old Remington holds a place of honor in her house). You aren't supposed to have your cell phones on in the courthouse but when I told the nice ladies why I wanted the picture, they even came over and moved some stuff like business card holders so it would make a better picture. That's one of the many nice things about living in the sticks: nobody is suspicious, everyone is nice and they let you take pictures when it's important.

3 Comments:

  • Hey, my parents have one of those. Or is it a Remington? I just looked up a picture and I think it's a Remington. Hmmm, I wonder where it is? All I remember was that it was a pain in the ass when all the keys got stuck together while you were typing. Cool looking though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 AM  

  • It doesn't seem that long ago to me. I can't believe they have 'antique' status. Deep in my brain, I am still convinced I'll eventually need to gain proficiency

    By Blogger oldhall, at 11:41 AM  

  • I've never used one like this. I took typing (yes, typing and not computers, which I think dates me horribly) in 7th or 8th grade but even then they were all electric ones.

    By Blogger Helly, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home