The Hellhole

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I knew I'd bought more wedding stuffs than I listed in my last post...I also bought white socks with lacy trim around the cuffs to go with my wedding attire and a guest book with matching pen - white satin cover with little pearls on it and the stand for the pen is the same. I hadn't planned on doing a guest book - not opposed to them for any reason but I don't know that I see much point. There would be a point, and I'd like it, if people wrote stuff like little notes, funny comments or something personal, but all the ones I've ever seen, the people just sign. And, well, then it's only the same info as on your invitation/RSVP list, only with some of the entries illegible. But then Michael's had them very, very cheap - way cheaper than I've seen them even in the bridal outlets and Alan kinda wanted it (I could see it in his face) so I figured "what the heck" and we chose one.

Then last night on the way home from the office, I stopped at Pier One to search for periwinkle blue candles. I found some that match exactly - or as exactly as coloured wax can match coloured paper and dyed fabric - the napkins and the bridesmaids' dresses. We'd already bought a couple hundred beverage napkins (the dinner napkins are linen of course) in periwinkle blue with a claddagh design, our names and the date so I was pleased that I'd found pillar candles in the appropriate shade, although I wasn't that thrilled with the scent - "iced citrus" - it's not unpleasant or overly perfume-y, but generally I prefer floral-based scents: lilac, not vanilla; rose, not apple; jasmine, not melon. Still, this is a nice enough scent given the colour match and there will be flowers and other candles there as well, so maybe everything will mingle into a nice fragrance.

Things are shaping up. I still need to find a necklace to wear; I have two strands of (nice, real) pearls but I think one may be too short and the other too long for the neckline, though I need to try them on with the dress to be sure. I still want Mom to try to do something about the shoulders of my dress - they kinda stand up and away from my arms and I don't like it, even though several people at two different bridal shops assured me that's the way they're supposed to look, and Mom pointed out that there wouldn't be boning there to hold 'em up and out if it wasn't supposed to look that way. I'm not convinced. Then the flowers and wine/beer/liquor order (which I can't do until I see who's RSVP'd so I know what things/quantities to order) and we're *gulp* almost done.

3 Comments:

  • Wow- three example of floral-based scents. Right off the top of your head. Very impressive.

    By Blogger oldhall, at 5:01 PM  

  • What can I say, I'm a girl who loves her candles. :-)

    By Blogger Helly, at 5:53 PM  

  • Oooh, Heather! Such a naughty comment from such a pristine girl! Saucy!

    By Blogger Helly, at 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home