The Hellhole

Friday, February 04, 2005

Well, peeps, time for me to make my Super Bowl prediction. Each year, I predict the winner based on The Parseghian Principle, my theory that the winner of any sporting contest can be determined by counting the number of former Notre Dame players on the active rosters; the team with the most Fightin’ Irishmen wins (obviously).

At first glance, it would seem that Super Bowl XXXIX is too close to call as the application of the Parseghian Principle results in a statistical dead heat: each team has exactly ONE Irishman. Philly has Paul Grasmanis and New England has David Givens.

While I can't officially deviate from the Parseghian Principle, I believe the edge goes to New England for a couple of reasons. Firstly, in my personal opinion David Givens is a better Irishman than Grasmanis; moreover, as a Wide Receiver Givens is likely to be far more key to this game than a mere Defensive Tackle.

Then, as my brother points out, the current Offensive Co-ordinator for the Patriots is not merely a Notre Dame alumnus but also the newly-named head coach for the Irish, making Charlie Weiss the X factor. If you’re the gambling sort, here is further advice from my brother: "take the Patriots AND the points...New England 50-something, Eagles 10". Since Vegas oddsmakers have the over/under at 47.5, if Bo’s right we should all bet ‘over’. If he's wrong and you lose money, I'll give you his cell phone number and you can call to yell at him. Which won't bother him because he never answers his cell phone, but maybe you'll feel better.

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

1 Comments:

  • As usual, you are most correct, Oh Brilliant One. The award for Whiner of the Week goes, collectively, to the Eagles. MAN - there is no crying in baseball, and there SHOULD be no WHINING in football!

    Montoya Delenda Est!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home