The Hellhole

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Memento homo quia pulvis es et in pulverem reverteris - I can scarcely believe Ash Wednesday is upon us! For Lent this year I am giving up asparagus, beets and premeditated murder. Nancy is giving up anxiety and ranch dressing, not being quite brave enough to commit to denying herself mayonnaise for forty days. If you don’t know Nancy, that’s funny because she hates, loathes, despises, abominates and abhors mayonnaise. I daresay mayonnaise is her cauliflower - pestilence in handy spreadable form.

Last night I faced dangers untold and enemies unnumbered to obtain the Blossom Crown and Flower Scepter required to summon The Magus Sisters. I summoned, and it was good. If that makes no sense to the non-Final Fantasy-players among you, just know that I have Achieved Something Momentous, and do the happy dance for me.

MONTOYA DELENDA EST!

1 Comments:

  • Having learned my lesson last year, I am giving up Tootsie Rolls and Brussells sprouts. Nancy and I are SO brave! I commend you for your denial - giving up beets AND murder - one must be strong! heh

    ^
    *
    ^
    *
    (That's me, doing the happy dance for you!)

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home