The Hellhole

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Preparatory to the first round of Christmas gift wrapping, I am scrabbling about in various boxes, bags and bindles inventorying the supplies on hand and evaluating what might need to be purchased.

Mumbling half to myself, half to Alan:  I don't understand this.  I thought I had wrapping paper left over from last year but I'm not finding any of it.

Alan comes in and says:  Here it is. [lifting an unopened roll out of this fantastic, wonderful golf-bag size/style contraption he bought me to store rolls of wrapping paper, with compartments for bows, ribbons, tissue and labels.  I love that thing.]

Me:  No, that's from year before last.  Last year's was black too but it had turquoise blue swirls and silver snowflakes.  I'm certain we had some left over.

Alan:  Maybe it's in the craft closet.

Me [with my arms full of other necessities]:  Would you mind going to look, please?

Alan [re-entering the den]:  Damn, sweetie, how much of this crap did you buy???

Me:  Quite a lot, apparently.


2 Comments:

  • You may be like me, thinking you don't have ANY paper so better stock up. Then you come home and find a whole back full from last year purchased under the same situation. Sigh.

    I'm not buying any gift wrapping now, AT ALL. Well, maybe some bows. I don't have any bows. Oh, and I need a really large bag.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 PM  

  • Half the pleasure of your gifts is seeing the lovely wrappings. Keep buying!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home