The Hellhole

Sunday, December 21, 2014

On Wednesday we went to see The Hobbit:  Battle of the Five Armies in IMAX 3D.  This was my first IMAX 3D experience, though I've seen several movies in the last few years in 'regular' 3D.  Even though it's a bit more expensive, if you're going to see the movie I highly recommend seeking an IMAX showing.  Incredible.

******** HERE MAY BE SPOILERS ********

 - if you haven't read a book that was published in 1937 or kept up in any way with a fantasy/pop culture phenomenon that's spawned animation, movies, fanfic, card games, video games and etc. -

Before the movie, we grabbed dinner at TGIFriday's.  Alan had ribs, so the waitress had placed a large stack of napkins on our table.  After we'd finished eating and paid, and were about to leave for the theatre, I reached over to the pile of napkins and put a couple in my purse.  Alan looked at me quizzically.

"Well," I said, "I know I'm going to cry when Thorin dies.  Maybe other times too, but definitely when Thorin dies."

Alan looked at me wide-eyed, an expression of absolute horror and desolation on his face.  "Thorin DIES?!?"

"Nice try, buddy.  You've only read those books about once a year since you were twelve or thirteen."

[affronted sniff] "Eleven."

1 Comments:

  • HAhahah! Glad to see y'all are doing some fun things, enjoying the holidays (I hope).

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home