The Hellhole

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Last night after dinner, I was busily engaged in addressing and sealing-waxing 60+ Christmas card envelopes.  Alan had retired to his study to play Minecraft or surf the intarwebs or similar, and after some time came through the den, where I was, headed toward the kitchen in search of a beverage or snack or both.

"How is it coming?" he asked.

I replied absently, barely looking up from my work, "Ohhh...I'm about 7/8 complete I guess."

Alan laughed.  A lot.

I looked up, gave him my full attention and asked, "What?  What is funny?  Lots of these are to people on your list, I might remind you."

"It's just...so you. Only you would narrow it down as precisely as '7/8 complete', which I'm sure if I counted would pan out mathematically to the last envelope."

I'd be pissed and/or offended but he's totally correct.

1 Comments:

  • We got ours in the mail yesterday, and they are lovely. Thank you so much! Mom appreciates your thinking of her, too.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home