The Hellhole

Monday, August 12, 2013

I sold my motorcycle over the weekend.  Sigh, I guess that makes me officially an Old Fogey.

Finally got to spend some time in the pool yesterday.  It has rained SO MUCH this summer!  Alan recorded around 13 inches of rain with his weather station in July alone.  What are we, Seattle south?!?

Nancy and family are coming for another pool party/barbecue this weekend.  I'm trying to put together a playlist that I'll either burn to CD or put on my iPod, or both, of summer, hanging out, swimming, 'having fun just being' type songs.  They don't have to mention summer, the beach or swimming specifically, just to be evocative of that mood/feeling.  I have songs on my list like California Sun and Rockaway Beach by the Ramones, Heat Wave by Martha and the Vandellas, Buffalo Soldiers and Jammin' by Bob Marley, Suddenly Last Summer by Martha Davis and the Motels, Under The Boardwalk by The Drifters, 4th of July by X, Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones - many others.  I've got Eddie Cochran, The Who, Wilco, Pavement, The Jody Grind, Silversun Pickups, Gorillaz - so what are your songs that just mean summer?  What songs evoke that summer, happy, playful, relaxed mood?  Give me suggestions for my soundtrack, please!  If you want, I will send you the list and order of the songs I chose.

3 Comments:

  • I'll vote for A&E by Goldfrapp and Another Sunny Morning by The Velcro Teddybears

    By Blogger thermalsatsuma, at 1:09 PM  

  • Thanks, Neil! I like the Goldfrapp song - it's definitely in. I couldn't listen to the other one b/c I don't have a MySpace login and it doesn't seem to be on iTunes. When Alan gets home from skool, I'll find out if he has a MySpace.

    By Blogger Helly, at 6:20 PM  

  • Roam if you want to, roam around the world. Roam if you want to, wings without wheels!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home