The Hellhole

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I had a lovely weekend.  Nancy and her family came over Saturday for a day of grilling and chilling.  Mark and Alan didn't go swimming but Nancy, son Anthony and I thoroughly enjoyed the pool and some tasty summer tunes.

I love to entertain so it was fun to prepare and/or arrange a bunch of snacks:  cheeses, crackers, potato chips and onion dip, tortilla chips with bean dip, homemade guacamole and homemade salsa, and a cut fruit platter.  We grilled burgers, brats and hot dogs; we had chili for the hot dogs and all the usual toppings for the burgers (though I don't think any of us did lettuce, tomato or onion - just cheese and condiments).  I had also made a big bowl of cole slaw.  Sodas, sparkling water, wine and beer rounded out the spread.

It was so good to see them!  It had been way too long between get-togethers but we had something going on nearly every weekend in May and June.  We have plans Friday night, Saturday morning/afternoon and Sunday this weekend, too.  For people as boring as we are, we sure stay booked.

Ever wonder what a heavy metal drummer keeps in his stick bag?  I can't speak for all of them, but I can tell you what one of my bestest buds found in his (note his) as he was searching for a crucial, missing bolt:


Drumsticks, some drum keys, fifty cents, two fluorescent light bulb starters, a bass bridge...



AND A PREGNANCY TEST.


I guess one never knows when one might need a pregnancy test backstage...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home