The Hellhole

Sunday, May 26, 2013

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!  We certainly did.  Our wedding anniversary was the 21st and we decided to celebrate by spending the weekend at the Ritz-Carlton in downtown Atlanta.  We got a room on Club Level, and oh, is it ever worth it!  They serve breakfast, snacks all day, hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon/evening and desserts in the evening.  We were planning on some fancy dinners out, but our first night there, which was Friday, we went to the club level lounge and the hors d'oeuvres were so amazing, we didn't even eat dinner!

When we arrived at our room, we found this:

It probably cost them pennies to do, but it was such a lovely touch!  It meant a lot to us.
















They also made me a couple of temporary business cards, which I didn't need but again - very nice touch.



I had ordered a fruit and cheese plate to be there on arrival, along with a bottle of Cabernet for me and a bottle of Pelligrino for Alan.  It hadn't been delivered by the time we settled in and hung our clothes - I'm sure they were waiting until we actually checked in to prepare it - so we decided to check out the hors d'oeuvres on offer in the club level lounge.  OMG, you guys - it was a glutton's paradise.  They had gourmet cheeses and crackers (my favorite thing!), raw veggies and dip, several different kinds of sushi (the butterflied shrimp with cherry tomato and sauce was positively decadent), empanadas, puff-pastry wrapped asparagus, a tomato/cucumber/goat cheese salad, an olive bar, other assorted appetizers like prosciutto-topped melon cubes, several different types of cookies - it was wonderful.  The fruit, cheese and wine were in our room by the time we got back, so between that and the delightful food in the lounge, we didn't even go out to dinner.

On the down side, apparently the Ritz thinks I've had a sex-change.  (I haven't).
















Views of the Atlanta skyline from our room on the night of our arrival.















I see a ba-ad moon risin'!

Next post, I will tell you about our trip to the Georgia Aquarium, our decadent dinner and our lovely surprises!

1 Comments:

  • What great service! I bet you go back there. I loved the business cards for even a temporary stay. Happy Anniversary.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home