The Hellhole

Saturday, April 06, 2013

I've lost a lot of weight over the last few months and though I didn't plan it so, this afternoon I spent much time trying on clothes and sorting them into piles thusly:  (a) oh, wow, I didn't know I could fit into that, let's put it back into rotation; (b) oh, I so love that outfit but it is so baggy and weird now, let me put it into this pile and hope profoundly that Mom can fix it somehow; (c) oh, that so doesn't fit and I don't like it that much anyway, put it into the GoodWill bag; (d) if I bought it today, I'd buy 2 or 3 sizes smaller but the way it hangs/drapes/flows I think it's okay even if it's too large; (e) for reasons which have nothing to do with fit, it's SO going to GoodWill.

I guess it's good to have to ask your mom to tailor your clothes because they're too big instead of too tight. She's altered a bunch already.  I still can't fit my fat ass into the size 10 Calvins that I wore in college, but I'm working on it.  I'm in size 11 Levi's and size 10 Chico's, so Calvin?  My ass is coming.  And I mean that literally.

If you were a teenager during the late 80's, it's amazing....horrifying?...hilarious...? what you will find when I attempt to clean out my closet.




Led Zeppelin IV shirt with...uh, shiny pants?  How can I describe (much less justify)  those pants?



















It's the hermit with the lantern during the mountain climbing sequence on a black silk shirt.  And some multicolored psychedelic pants.  









Dancin' Days are here again!!!


I think I got those pants at Rain.  In
like 1985.  Points if you remember Rain at Lenox Mall in the late 80's.  Uh, just so you know, I don't go out dressed like this.  This was just a funny, nostalgic, what-the-hell-was-in-my-closet moment.  








Normally, I go out dressed like this.  Well, sorta.  Sometimes.











Then again, maybe I go out looking like this...




(Alan bought me this outfit at Imperial Fez.)











2 Comments:

  • You look gorgeous! How I wish I had this same problem. . .

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 9:14 AM  

  • Ok, now that I see that wood paneling in what I assume is your family room, I understand why you had a harvest gold refrigerator. Your house could probably beat mine in the 70s contest!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home