The Hellhole

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Whew, I think we're finished!  With choosing, and shopping, and buying, and wrapping!  But instead of relief, now sets in the lingering horror that I've neglected someone.  I never feel as though I might have left out the neighbor's kid's friend who mows lawns - I always have the feeling about gifts and this year for cards, that I've done something heinous like neglected my grandmother.  Which is a fictitious example as both Alan and I are out of grandmothers - but something like that, that obvious, that important.  Still, I tried my best and if you're my grandmother and you didn't get a card, I didn't mean it to happen like that!

I'm doing the same thing with gifts, obsessing over the stack of packages and wondering whom I omitted.  I keep checking against the main list and I don't think I've made a mistake, but I can't shake the feeling that I've overlooked the most important one!  Er, so, if you don't get a gift from me, I totally didn't mean it!  I tried!  And I meant to send you a card too!

2 Comments:

  • You got a gift for your husband, right?

    (I totally know that feeling!)
    Afton

    By Blogger Still Trying, at 12:09 AM  

  • We got our cards in the mail - thank you! Mom says thanks - she was really pleased you thought of her. :-)

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home