The Hellhole

Saturday, December 15, 2012

'Tis The Season, And Stuff...
I've been doing some wrapping.  Wrapping is a Very Big Thing for me, making the package just perfect, trying to suit it to the recipient - see Brother & Wife here.  When I was in college, I had a seasonal job during Christmas/gift season at a high-end department store, where I learned some tips and tricks and speediness, but the thing that's stayed with me is, I really like making pretty packages.  Even if it takes 2 tries and it's a PITA, I like making pretty packages.

I usually do a theme, which for the last several years has been red and gold.  Normally I'd try to vary it but the last few, I've wound up with no red foil and 18 rounds of gold ribbon, or vice versa, and so I keep buying more one year to balance out the other, but then I wind up with 10 spools of red ribbon and no gold foil, so I have to start all over again the other way, and sod it, it's a big mess so this year we decided it was silver and black.  Here's a bunch of presents.


I have to buy some more because there are people I need to honor, but these are the presents so far.




No, I don't want to talk about that 2-foot high pile of dog toys to the right of the fireplace.

No, that's not all the dog toys in our house.  That's about 1/4.  I SAID I didn't want to talk about it!

Our Christmas decorations are done, though!  Yes, it's the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, and SantaMingo and a bah-humbug elf. Last year we added Grumpy Santa, a gift from Alan's folks.  Scroogy, maybe, but it works for us.

Tomorrow there is some final shopping - at least I hope it's final - our usual errands, puppy petting and such.

1 Comments:

  • So pretty and classy-looking! I never learned any tricks to wrapping things neatly and efficiently. I haven't wrapped a thing yet, but when I do, there will be a present for you under the tree.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home