The Hellhole

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mmmmm, we cooked the most wonderful dinner tonight!  We had herb-crusted roast lamb made with rosemary and oregano freshly picked from my backyard herb garden, along with sugar snap peas in a Tuscan Italian sauce and a side of angel-hair pasta with homemade pesto made with basil which was, again, freshly picked from my backyard herb garden.

It was delicious!  The lamb:

We used Giada De Laurentiis's recipe but didn't use a leg of lamb because BJ's had a lovely lean lamb short loin so we did her recipe with that cut instead.

For the pesto, we didn't exactly follow a recipe, just did the basic basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt and extra-virgin olive oil blended in the food processor.  I used four medium-large cloves of garlic to two cups of basil, but then we are some garlic-loving peoples at this house.

I'm thinking I might want a more hoopty food processor with more gadgets and attachments.  I think the one I have used to have more blades and attachments but they've been lost over the last 2 decades or so that I've had it.  I got it for free somewhere but I can't remember where - a prize at a Pampered Chef party, a giveaway at a store's grand opening or something?  I can't recall.  It's been a great food processor for me over the years, especially for free, but I might be ready to graduate to one that does more things.  It's that or I need a mezzaluna and a mandolin, and Alan seems oddly opposed to buying me sharp objects, especially those which are manually manipulated.  I KNOW, I don't get it either.




Alan's yummy dinner plate

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home