The Hellhole

Friday, November 02, 2012

Today was just about the Greatest Day Ever!  I was off work, so I slept late, then I got up to wash, dress and go meet Matt.  We had tickets to Rush's Clockwork Angels tour, which was good enough, but wait there's more!  Tammy, Matt's wife, had just bought him a new gun - a Glock 19 which was (smiles demurely) my suggestion, and so Matt and I went to the shooting range.  We shot his .22, his .38 Special, his hand cannon - which I may get wrong (Matt, correct me in the comments) but I think is a Ruger that shoots both 38s and 357s, but I know for sure it kicks like hell and I have to lay it on its side to cock it before firing - hey, I'm a chick - and we tried out his new Glock!

I did better than I thought I would, shooting with unfamiliar guns and it being at least 8 years since I'd tried.  Matt did a lot better than me, which is cool, but I still did better than the old geezer in the next lane who somehow managed to bloody himself.  Don't ask me, even Matt's hand cannon doesn't kick that badly.  Next we went to McCray's for some dinner, and then - - - RUSH!!!!

Rush is one of my favorite bands, at least top 10 if not top 5.  They are similarly revered with my baby brothers Bo and Matt - but the thing is, we've never seen Rush together.  Rush played their first gig a week before I was born, and I'm the oldest out of us three so we've had ample opportunity. Maybe more than once, but at least once (Counterparts, Omni, 1994, Candlebox opened) we've been at the same concert, but not together.

Until tonight.

November 1, 2012, Verizon Amphitheatre.  Helly and Matt go to Rush!  That concert was...I hesitate to name an adjective because none seems sufficiently superlative.  It was a great concert.  I loved every moment, start to finish.  I ran into my friend Mark before the show, who was there with his son who'd just turned 18 - thank you very much, Mark, for making me feel like a freaking OAP!  I loved every bit of it, even though they wouldn't sell Matt and me bottled water, but instead opened it, poured it into a cup and made us juggle full cups of water while we weaved through the crowd and slithered into our seats. (WTH, did you really think I'd hurl a bottled water at Alex?  Even if he displeased me?)

This is the set list:
  • Subdivisions
  • Big Money
  • Force 10
  • Grand Designs
  • Limelight
  • Territories
  • The Analog Kid
  • The Pass
  • Where's My Thing
  • Far Cry
  • Set 2:
  • Caravan
  • Clockwork Angels
  • The Anarchist
  • Carnies
  • The Wreckers
  • Headlong Flight
  • Halo Effect
  • Seven Cities Of Gold
  • The Garden
  • Dreamline
  • The Percussor
  • Red Sector A
  • YYZ
  • The Spirit of Radio
  • Encore:
  • Tom Sawyer
  • 2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx


2 Comments:

  • AWESOME! I'm so glad you got to go!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 6:25 PM  

  • Ditto what Nancy said. Also, I'm so glad you're blogging more again! And, I'm jealous of your new food processor. Does your brother want to send me one, too?

    Afton

    By Blogger Still Trying, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home