The Hellhole

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ow - Seriously, OW!

In the middle of the night late Tuesday/early Wednesday I got up to use the bathroom, something I do nearly every night (sometimes more than once if I've had a lot of Syfo, thanks Nancy!).  I've done this for years without incident - until now.

When I get up at night like that, I don't turn on the light in hopes that I won't awaken Alan, which is generally not a problem because I sleep on the side of the bed closest to the bathroom door and it's a straight shot, 6 or 7 steps.  On this fateful night, I made it to the bathroom fine, did what I'd come to do and tried to return to bed.  I stumbled on the way back, either tripped on the marble threshold between the bathroom tile and the bedroom carpet, or just mis-stepped because I was half asleep, and fell.  Unfortunately, I didn't fall onto the carpet, but cracked my head open on my nightstand.  This crash awakened Alan, foiling my cunning plan and resulting in a trip to ER once he turned on the light and got a look at me.

I argued against it but the cut on my head wouldn't stop bleeding and, as usual, he was right as evidenced by the number of stitches it took to close things up.  So I once again have a front tooth and no longer look like an escapee from the Hillbilly Moonshine Festival, but now I have a stitched-up gash down my forehead and look like freakin' Frankenstein.  GAH!

2 Comments:

  • Oh no!! What an awful and shocking thing to have happen in the middle of the night.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 6:11 PM  

  • It was very much not fun. I don't think I will do that again.

    By Blogger Helly, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home