The Hellhole

Monday, September 17, 2012

This whole Getting Older crap sucks. I'm not referring to deteriorating vision or even my infamous missing front tooth (now replaced, thankfully) - but I have so many mystery ailments these days! I have sore muscles that I don't remember having used, much less used extraordinarily. Right now I have an aching shoulder that doesn't hurt like a pulled muscle or joint ache, but like I bruised it by hitting it on something - except there's no bruise there and I have no memory of having done anything untoward to it. I find bruises and aches everywhere, for no discernible reason.

Lest you think I'm getting old and set in my ways and all, "Get off my lawn!", I'll tell you about a new technology I've embraced. This may be old news to a lot of people because I'm not exactly known for being at the forefront of innovation; I actually prefer to be behind the curve of technology, coming on board once it's become cheaper and the bugs are worked out. But I found out when I was off work after my dental surgery, lazing listlessly on the couch, that Amazon has instant video that can stream through my PS3! You can rent movies or series for 1, 2, 3 days or a week, or buy them if you wish, through Amazon and then watch them on the PS3 (which, though we don't have cheap or off-brand DVD players, is still the best DVD player in our house).

I very much like being able to do this, for movies that I want to see, but not necessarily to own. One example was the Three Stooges movie, in which I was interested because a lot of it was filmed in downtown Atlanta, where I work. You can see my office building and many places I lunch and shop in the film, but I didn't care enough about that to want to purchase it. I also rented Ramona and Beezus, having loved Beverly Cleary novels as a child.

While drugged on painkillers after the surgery, I watched the entirety of The Inbetweeners. I LOL'd a lot. Diary Of A Wimpy Kid was also amusing - the Cheese Touch!!! Tonight I watched Death At A Funeral - if you watch it, watch the good, original, British version. WTH is up with American film, remaking something too recent and too damned good to need remaking? Grrrr. But I digress...the point is, Amazon Instant Video to the PS3 is (a) amazing; (b) cheap; (c) convenient; (d) amusing; (e) diverting: (f) just lovely.

Oh, and one other thing? Snow White and The Huntsman? Either ridiculously horrible or horribly ridiculous. Not even Thor is enough to save this steaming pile of imbecilic dreck. That's three bucks and two hours of my life I'll never get back, and this angers me enough to want to Bring It To Someone's Attention. (Yeah. It's that bad. Charlize Theron is hot though. And I'm not even a lesbian. But, er, not hot enough to rescue this cauldron of crap.) But the instant streaming is still fun.


2 Comments:

  • hahahahaha! I totally agree with you about Snow White. Kristin Stewart was beyond terrible, and the only thing I liked in the movie was Charlize Theron because I really want to wear all of her outfits. As everyday wear.
    -Sarah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

  • I noticed the Inbetweeners is on Netflix and it looked like my kind of thing. Will definitely watch it now.

    I'm having the same experience of aging. It helps to hang out with older (than us!) people and stay away from younger ones. :-)

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home