The Hellhole

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

I hope you all had as wonderful a 4th of July holiday (if you're American) as I did! The weather was perfect, sunny and warm. My mom came up in the morning armed with burgers, brats, buns and fresh vegetables. She and I spent a while chatting, then floating in the pool sipping Coronas. Alan ceased his schoolwork long enough to come out and grill the aforementioned brats and burgers, we had a yummy lunch and then he went back for more study while we went back for more floating, beers and tunes.

We spent all day in the pool, finally getting out around 7:30 for a dinner of reheated grilled burgers, brats and sides. I got a little too much sun despite slathering myself with SPF 50, which I reapplied a couple of times. I'm still hopeful that I can apply enough lotion to avoid a burn/peel. We listened to some of our favorite tunes, and some of my favorites that she hadn't heard yet (Black Stone Cherry, Matt - she likes Like I Roll!).

Mom left before it was fully dark but once it was, we set off a few fireworks. All in all, it was a lovely summer day and I enjoyed every moment. I hope your day was as peaceful and satisfying.

1 Comments:

  • I missed the grilled food part of the holiday. It was just too hot to ask Mark to do it and he didn't think of it all on his own. We went to Bishop Park to see fireworks and it was really fun. A lovely evening, not too hot. We saw some friends there, which was nice, and Anthony had kids to play with. The fireworks were gorgeous - I love fireworks and hadn't seem them in a long time. I'm glad to hear you all spent such a nice day!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home