The Hellhole

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Afton asks, "Have you tried the pool out yet? Do you love it?" Yes to both questions! During the week, I got into the pool three days for short periods of time in the late afternoon/evening and Alan got in with me once. Then on Saturday, it was the kind of day I envisioned when thinking I wanted a swimming pool.

Nancy had asked her mom for a spa day for her birthday so we went for facials, sauna and massage Saturday morning and it was fabulous! Her mom treated us both, which was even better. Then we headed to the wine store both because we wanted some to go with the gourmet cheeses I'd bought for our lunch and because a bottle of wine would be part of my birthday gift to Nancy. Supplies in hand, we headed back to my house where we chatted, sipped wine and munched on cheeses (five kinds), crackers and turkey pepperoni.

After we ate and she opened her gifts, we changed and headed out to the pool were we swam, soaked and floated for hours. It was heavenly. The weather was perfect for a pool day. I had purchased these floats called papasan floats which have a net lining to sit in, so that you're floating in the water instead of sitting above it. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Saturday. It's always fun to spend time with Nancy and doing some of my favorite things made it even better.

After all the things we had going on during May, many of which involved long drives, a lazy pool day with a close friend, tasty snacks and good wine was exactly what I needed. In a more general sense, I'm pleased with the pool purchase. I haven't been able to use it as much as I'd hoped, at least not so far, but chemicals, cleaning and maintenance have been very easy and not particularly time-consuming. I'm hoping it will be a fun summer!

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a wonderful day! I'm glad that you're enjoying the pool.

    By Blogger Still Trying, at 7:25 PM  

  • Oh, I can't believe I missed this! Not writing on my blog makes me forget to read blogs as well for some reason. Anyway, it was a wonderful day for me as well, and I hope we can repeat it before long - though I should consume maybe a *little* less wine next time. :-)

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home