The Hellhole

Friday, May 04, 2012

I'm behind on blogging, reading and commenting, but what else is new? I tried to catch up some this evening. Starting tomorrow our May is going to be very busy (mostly good stuff) so I'll probably only get worse. Oh well, good intentions and all that...

Last Friday we attended the inaugural ballet recital of little Miss Brooke, our dear friends' daughter. It was in the auditorium of a Methodist church, so yes, it's true: Alan and I were both all the way inside a Methodist church and it didn't spontaneously combust and neither of us were struck by lightning. I know! I was surprised too.

The Diva














In action:





























There was a tap dance number too, to "Sea Cruise".





























The Diva's brother. "Oh dear God, I am so bored. I want to be home with my PS3 and my XBox 360 and my flat-screen TV..."














Not as bored as this dude, who I didn't happen to catch with eyes closed - he slept through the whole thing, and us laughing at him about it.














I wanted to throw spitballs at him - I dunno, the whole thing brought back a school assembly sort of feel for me...but Alan wouldn't let me.

He said it would be disrespectful to Artistic Rendering Methodist Jesus.

2 Comments:

  • The guy who is sleeping seems like a pro. No drooling. His head isn't even drooping. basil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 PM  

  • Cute little dancer!

    I'm glad to hear that you have good stuff happening this month. It helps to have things to look forward to.

    By Blogger Still Trying, at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home