The Hellhole

Sunday, June 13, 2010

We went out for brunch today - something we don't do nearly enough of, if you ask me - and it was a beautiful day so we took the convertible. I was driving and surfing through the radio stations trying to find something Alan would like. While our musical tastes do overlap, there are many things I like that he doesn't (Rammstein) and vice versa (Wilco). So I find the indie pop station and remark, "There. This should be stuff you like."

Alan: No. METAL. I want metal.

Me: Metal?!? [that's more me than him] Are you sure?

Alan: We need something worthy of this car, on this day, with the top down. Metal. Hard-core metal.

Me: I can do that. [one press of one button, switching from satellite radio to CD]

Rob Zombie: DEAD I AM THE ONE,
EXTER-MIN-A-TING SON!
SLIPPING THROUGH THE TREES,
STRANG-A-LING THE BREEZE!!!!

Alan: Oh, my sweetheart. I love you so.

In other news, Inna tagged me for the handwriting meme, which I did but it seems that I will have to post that tomorrow, because our scanner doesn't like fully and accurately portraying my pink ink, so I guess I'll scan it tomorrow at work. It HAS to be pink ink, because the notebook that standard blue-lined notebook paper page is from has a pink cover. I am a very matchy sort of person. I have a purple pen, but that simply WOULD. NOT. DO. unless I had a purple-covered notebook. Which I don't. At least not at the moment.

1 Comments:

  • Oh! that is great re: White Zombie! Our cat Nietzsche loved that song so much (head bopping) - we put a little tiny White Zombie poster in his sleeping corner.

    Lisa and Kevin :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home