The Hellhole

Saturday, May 29, 2010

What a difference a day makes...

Look how different Lily looks after only a day and a half with us!

<--- new toys just for her







She's still skinny, sure, but the ribs aren't protruding like before.









Here she is helping Alan fetch the mail.









Look at her laughing!







I neglected to mention that Dr. Smith - Michael W. Smith of Evans Mill Animal Hospital, World's Most Awesome Vet - puts her age at between 8 months and a year. I'd thought she was older, about three, but since one of us is an accountant and one of us has a couple decades of experience and a degree from the most prestigious veterinary college in the country, I'd put my money on him.



This is Kelly, Lily's new mommy, making friends.








I was sad to see her go - there were tears - but I know it was for the best. Kelly has bred and raised large-breed dogs in the past, and operated a boarding kennel, so she's better equipped to care for Miss Lily. I made it a condition of the transfer, to which Kelly readily agreed, that I'd need updates and photos and possibly visitation.

I still can't quite believe how perfectly everything turned out - that just doesn't happen for me. Everything from coaxing her safely into our garage to my Most Awesome Vet making a house call to her clean bill of health to finding a not suitable, but impeccably wonderful home so quickly - it all got sorted so marvelously.

I love you, Lily - and if you're not happy in your new home, you can has one here. Always.

4 Comments:

  • awwww. That's so wonderful! Yeay!!!

    By Anonymous Inna, at 10:07 PM  

  • Awww! This post and the previous one have really brightened my week! It's so good to hear a story with a happy ending.

    By Blogger thermalsatsuma, at 3:58 AM  

  • What a nice post. I'm glad Lilly found a home and you can visit her.

    By Blogger basil, at 6:21 AM  

  • I had prepared to 'foster' Lily, but am so happy she has a forever home. The boys and I had decided to call her 'Kissy' because you said she was so sweet and loving. What an awesome story!

    love & puppy-happies,
    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home