The Hellhole

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I've come home at Alan's insistence to check on the puppies, so a quick update: his surgery was this morning at 11:30. It went well in that they were able to do it laparoscopically through his belly button, so no huge incision and stitches. However, his appendix did rupture so they had to irrigate his abdomen. Right now he's resting fitfully thanks to some pain meds. He has a catheter, a drain (from the irrigation), he's having to wear these things on his legs that expand and contract to guard against blood clots and having to do repetitive breathing exercises to guard against pneumonia. He was hoping he'd be home this evening but thanks to the rupture, that's not happening. If things improve/continue to go well, maybe I can bring him home tomorrow. Thanks, everyone, for your concern. I'll update when I can -

3 Comments:

  • Poor Alan! Wow, I had no idea until I saw Keely's facebook post. What a miserable experience for both of you, but I'm glad he's going to be okay. I hope he goes home tomorrow, and feels better very, very soon.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:23 PM  

  • Enough already!
    Thank the gods my wonderful son-in-law appears to be doing well! He misses his 'puppehs' and hates being sick, so I sure hope he gets home soon. I think the fates can give it a rest on this household!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 AM  

  • Yikes! I just read your Facebook update, Helly. Get well soon, Alan!

    By Blogger Topcat, at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home