The Hellhole

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tonight on "E.R."

They are watching me intently because I am performing complex and delicate surgery. Moments before, they had ripped a hole in Bandit, their new raccoon. I gathered the necessary implements to sew him up again, and three puppies were sweatin' me until I returned their toy.

Alan was trying to reassure them with remarks like, "He's going to pull through! Mom knows what she's doing. He's torn up bad, I'm not gonna lie to you, he's critical, but she's the best in the country. Bandit's gonna pull through, wait and see!"

Look how concerned Sprocket is! I think some of that is guilt because I'm reasonably certain Bandit became injured during a spirited
tug-o-war between Sprocket and Esme.


It was touch-and-go there for a while, I'm gonna level with you, but luckily for Bandit, he was in the best toy trauma center this side of the Mississippi.



I took the opportunity to steal a puppeh-smooch. Can't you just hear Esme wailing, "Maaaaaahm!"?






Happily, Bandit pulled through and lived to play another day! There was much rejoicing among the pupulation.






There's a very long toy raccoon in there somewhere, honest!
















3 Comments:

  • "pupulation".. What you did there, I see it...

    I can report that the patient has fully recovered and is resting quietly next to Duck Amok and Zeke the Zebra.

    By Blogger Alan Bowman, at 10:01 PM  

  • Love the pictorial!

    Afton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:34 PM  

  • aDORable

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home