The Hellhole

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nancy and Inna have asked for more info about my detoxifying back treatment. I'll be glad to share - it was wonderful - but first I want to brag on the spa for their special efforts. When I got there, Angela, the skin technician who was going to work on me, noticed that I was a bit stuffy and asked me about it. I explained that I was having a bad sinus day because of the weather. Instantly, she sprung into action. They put eucalyptus diffusers in the room and she held a cloth with eucalyptus oil on it in front of my nose, coaxing and counting my breathing. Then, during my facial, she did a cold stone massage on my sinus areas. When all was done, I was totally cleared and breathing like a regular, normal person! It was heavenly. (Of course I'm back to sneezily and stuffy today, but that's not her fault.)

The back treatment was a lot like a facial, just on my back area: deep cleansing, exfoliating sugar scrub, hydrating masque, lovely lotion and massage - not an official Swedish massage or anything, Angela is a skin technician and not a masseuse - but she rubbed my back, shoulders and neck as she was in the process of putting things on and cleaning them off. This is how the spa's website describes what I got:

Custom Facial: 1 hour.....You and your skin therapist will work together to create a one of a kind treatment designed specifically to target the individual needs of your skin. Includes a double cleansing, exfoliation, masque, hydration and solar defense.

Detoxifying Back Treatment: 30 min........Feeling stressed? This treatment is a necessity, not a luxury. Movements in this specialized treatment will not only stimulate blood and lymphatic circulation, but will also help balance your Chi energy flow. Increases oxygen to tissues and releases lactic acid and carbon dioxide. Accumulation of these wastes in muscles can cause fatigue and tension. This treatment helps attain total relaxation from head to toe by easing knots and relaxing tight sore muscles.

I got one of these a few weeks ago, when Cheryl and I went:

Nourishing Sea Mud Therapy: 30 min.....Rest in a warming wrap that contains Tropical Asian Ginger and White Tea to stimulate circulation and smooth skin with nourishing botanicals. Natural earth clays draw out impurities while customized essential oils provide aromatherapeutic skin benefits and caffeine provides all over toning.

I enjoyed the sea mud wrap a lot but chose the back treatment on Friday because I didn't want to do the exact same thing each time; I wanted to try different things. Nancy, anytime you'd like to go to the spa with me, I'm ready and willing! Here's the place I go: La Vie Health & Healing. They do tons of different things. Inna, it's bit more of a hike for you than Nancy, LOL, but you're every bit as welcome!

4 Comments:

  • I really would like to go there with you, too. It sounds too good to be true!

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  

  • You're right, it is a bit of a hike :(

    It sounds completely and totally amazing. I'm going to look for a spa around here. :) And if not, I'm planning a trip :)

    By Anonymous Inna, at 10:04 AM  

  • That's something I've always wanted to do. Let's do it!

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 6:46 PM  

  • "The back treatment was a lot like a facial, just on my back area..."

    Heh, heh...

    By Anonymous Heather, at 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home