The Hellhole

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I took the day off yesterday to go vote; Alan is off on Mondays anyway so we had an extra day to spend together. Local news reports had led me to expect it to take 2 - 3 hours, which was fine - no problem, but that was why I decided to use a vacation day instead of planning to go in late or leave early. As it turned out, we were in and out in 40 minutes, including time spent parking the car. It went smoothly and I'm very glad that I'm done instead of having to deal with mega-huge crowds on Tuesday.

So of course like a good little worker bee, I hustled on in to the office to make the most of the remaining workday.

HA! Ha-ha! It is to laugh!

You didn't fall for that, did you? No, after securing actual permission for an actual vacation day, and oddly enough getting lots of work done ahead of time last Friday, my husband and I went out for a leisurely lunch, ran a couple of errands and went to the bookstore. Going to the bookstore, and particularly going together, is one of our favorite things. He bought technical computer books, I purchased some fiction and on a display at the checkout, we spied the Cheezburger book, so of course we grabbed a copy of that.

I wish every day could be like yesterday.

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a great day!!! :)

    By Blogger Z, at 9:06 AM  

  • Ooh, yes, it was lovely. I want to be doing that again today instead of all this Very Important Business that I get paid for...

    By Blogger Helly, at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home