The Hellhole

Monday, October 13, 2008

Tonight at the grocery store, Alan and I bought three bags of Hallowe'en candy - not that we generally ever get trick-or-treaters. We're just candy pigs. Alan got a bag of mini Nestle Crunch bars, his favorite candy bar. I usually don't have that much of a sweet tooth; pies, brownies and cakes sit in our house untouched by me until he eats the whole thing or it grows stale. But something about the mixed bags of candies brought out the kid in me, and I bought two assortments. One was a Wonka assortment: Laffy Taffy, SweeTarts, Nerds and Runts. The other had lollipops, jawbreakers, Now-N-Laters, Smarties and Super Bubble bubble gum. My favorite Hallowe'en candy from childhood is still one of my favorites, little rolls of Smarties which Heather tells me are called Rockets in Canada. What was your favorite Hallowe'en candy?

9 Comments:

  • Mmmm, Snickers, Milky Ways, and Butterfingers. After I got home from trick or treating, I'd stick them in the freezer.

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 12:52 PM  

  • Kit Kats and M&Ms.

    By Blogger basil, at 5:15 PM  

  • Anything chocolate. Especially Reese's Peanutbutter Cups.

    Afton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:19 PM  

  • 10.Starbursts
    9. mini Mounds & Almond Joy
    8. mini Hershey bars
    7. m&ms
    6. this cylindrical candy that came in shiny brown wrappers with different colored labels, chewy cylinders with flavors like maple, vanilla, I forget what else
    5. those peanut butter taffy things in black or orange wrappers
    4. mini Milky Ways
    3. mini Snickers
    2. Reese's peanut butter cups
    1. caramel squares

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 5:53 PM  

  • Candy Corn!
    and the little orange pumpkins

    By Blogger DrL/K, at 8:55 PM  

  • Smarties in Ingerland are M&Ms - the chocolate kind. No peanuts. Peanut M&Ms would be called Treats. Is this enough Anglophile info for you. Oo, oo, oo, quick question: what is this Halloween that you talk about? Do you mean "Mischief Night"?

    I'm fairly sure that what you call Smarties I call Refreshers. Of course, I could be wrong. But in that case I will use an old advertising slogan:
    Only Smarties have the answer!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 PM  

  • Atomic Fireballs! I still love 'em.

    I thought the others were 'Now R Laters'??

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 AM  

  • Mine would be....

    Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

    I always ate those first from trick or treating. Then got mad when I had no more left.

    Ashley

    By Blogger GreenEyedVixen, at 9:15 AM  

  • I like just about everything, but my very favorite stuff is from my childhood. Last year, I gave my older brother candy from our childhood - I spent over $100 on candy and I had such a difficult time sorting it out and letting him have any of it. ;)

    I still love candy. My current addiction is Gobstoppers. Unfortunately, I have a hard time controlling myself and I often end up with a sore tongue.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home