The Hellhole

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I apologize for the paucity of posting. The cause is a combo of being down from the loss of my friend and nothing eventful or amusingly post-worthy happening. After the events of the last couple of years, however, I think that I shall embrace and enjoy all that nothing. At least no one else has died, been diagnosed with something terminal, been hospitalized or had something terrible happen to them.

Our new puppy, Mr. Fusspot, continues to delight me. Sprocket is beginning to ignore him less, though they still don't romp and play as I'd hoped. As Mr. Fusspot gets more comfortable with us, more of his little personality is showing. He's playing more with the toys, romping around, having fun. I'm pleased about that. At treat time, after he eats his, Mr. Fusspot tries his best to steal one or more of Sprocket's share, and if he's not hungry enough right then, he hides them under his blankie in his little doggie bed. He drags some of his favorite toys there, too, and stores them for safe keeping. Also, for no reason we can determine, he nabbed a pair of Alan's dirty socks (one at a time) and dragged them to his bed. They're still there, one black balled-up sock on each side; we didn't want to deny him his prize, at least not until Alan needs dress socks again.

On Friday, Alan worked late and I stayed up working on a craft project, awaiting his return. All the pets were in the den with me, Mr. Fusspot beside me on the couch, when Alan's key rattled in the lock. I guess Sprocket and Finnovar recognize the sound or know the routine, so neither of them stopped snoring, but a tiny, fuzzy, black-and-white missile launched itself from the couch, yipping furiously and making the teeniest, tinist growls as he faced the intruder, determined to defend me. I'm not sure what he hoped to accomplish. "Thug! Stay back! Stay back, I say, or I'll nom your shoelace! Hard! With drool!" but it was very cute that he wanted to protect me. Once he saw that it was Alan, he ran over for petting and treats.

So that is about all - mostly the same-old, same-old, lightly spiced with amusing puppeh antics.

3 Comments:

  • Look at that face! Very ferocious indeed :)

    By Blogger A Margarita, at 9:49 PM  

  • I love puppy antics - and I agree, SUCH a ferocious face ;)

    By Blogger Z, at 2:23 PM  

  • Yo Helly! I FINALLY tracked down your blog (blogspot.com does NOT make it easy when you are the slightest bit unsure of the actual address/name), after finally searching back through my emails to a link your mom provided when you adopted your then-unnamed puppy.

    Mr. Fusspot is such the cutest puppeh! Glad to see your life is relatively without drama at this space and time. Just wanted to pop in and say Hey. So... Hey!

    By Blogger J. Reid, at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home