The Hellhole

Sunday, February 24, 2008

I've finished my Aqua Teen Hunger Force video game. I never even left the house yesterday - gamed off and on most of the day while Alan worked on his school assignments. The ending was twisted and hilarious, and the game was worth the price for the sammich battle alone - if you collect a piece of Broodwich in each level, you unlock a short film in which the Broodwich does battle with the Angelwich: an epic sandwich battle for the ages, according to the game. For non-ATHF followers, the Broodwich is the most evil sandwich ever created, forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, baked by Beelzebub himself, slathered with mayonnaise made from the evil eggs of dark chickens and stacked with 666 slices of evil meat. But worst of all, it contains NO BACON! *cue evil laughter*

Today we ran our weekly errands and ate lunch at Frontera, this great Mexican restaurant we love. We didn't see a serial killer today, like we did once before at that place. I was pleased that at the grocery store, actual food was our predominant purchase. I hate it when we make a trip to the grocery store, spend a hundred bucks or so, yet wind up with relatively little food; we have Swiffer pads, cat litter, Ziploc bags, laundry detergent, toothpaste and so on, but almost nothing to eat once we get home. And we can't eat the Broodwich because if you do that, you go straight to HELL.


<--- The Broodwich

(I like his little horns and tail)








While at Frontera, my attention was captured by this giant inflatable drink they had hanging from the ceiling next to a large banner promoting same, also suspended from the ceiling. I didn't want a different drink, perfectly happy with my Corona, but I was idly reading the description anyway. It was called a Chelada, which makes me think of something light, refreshing and probably fruity. Not so - it was the most incredibly nasty-sounding drink I've ever heard of, and I've heard of some losers. It is Budweiser beer mixed with Bud Light and CLAMATO. Yes, a combo of beer, tomato juice and clam broth. I shudder to contemplate what that must taste like...fizzy ass with an undertone of dead fish? I bet this was invented on a bet: how can I possibly make cheap disgusting beer taste worse? I know, cut-rate V8! Hey, wait, how 'bout THAT, plus clam juice! BLARG. I didn't get one because we could not afford all the Patron tequila that it would have taken to make this sound like a good idea to me.

4 Comments:

  • Here are a few reviews of Chelada. To my surprise, this is an actual corporate product. I thought it was just the restaurant's way of getting rid of some old Clamato. Sort of like, hey, I bet these rednecks will drink this...

    By Blogger Alan Bowman, at 10:44 PM  

  • That's got to be the nastiest 'recipe' evah! The clam juice sounds bad enough, but mix with beer and tomato juice???eeuuww.

    BLARG x2!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 AM  

  • "Here's a line, and on this side of it..."

    is someone who will never, for ANY reason, try this swill. It is hard to know which liquid I feel the worst about...it is, a horrible thing to do to a beer, but since they are not USING beer, only Bud, maybe the tomato juice gets the worst...I dunno.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 AM  

  • The previous comment was brought to you by your younger sibling, who, for whatever reason, decided to bother signing his comment.

    -Bo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home