The Hellhole

Monday, February 18, 2008

Sleepy...so very sleepy...

A while ago it became apparent that I wasn't getting enough sleep. Mornings were extremely difficult, I'd drag around exhausted all day and by mid-afternoon, I'd become almost unbearably sleepy. However, the obvious solution - going to bed earlier - isn't working out very well for me either. I don't have any problem getting to sleep earlier, but then I wake up at 3, 4, sometimes even 2 AM and I can't go back to sleep for hours, if at all, so the net result is even less sleep than if I stayed up until 11:30 or 12:00.

This morning, I had to be in for a conference call which started one hour before my usual start time. Because of traffic patterns, if I am to be here an hour earlier, I have to leave much earlier than that, so I went to bed extra early last night - not that this helped at all because I have been awake since three frickin AM. My insomnia was assisted this morning by the loud snoring of a certain doggy and my body's insistence that the sheet alone was too cold while sheet and blankie together was too hot. When the alarm went off this morning, I was literally in tears, I was that tired.

Since today is a mail/banking holiday, I am going to do the conference call, deal with the essentials and hope that I can leave early. I hate doing that but I am so very, very tired.

3 Comments:

  • I am so sorry you're not sleeping well. I seem to have cursed both you and your brother ...with insomnia.

    I wish I knew something that would help.

    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 AM  

  • "the sheet alone was too cold while sheet and blankie together were too hot" - I KNOW! I HATE THAT! What an awful night for you. I hope you make up for it by getting an extra good night's sleep tonight.

    By Blogger Anonymous Me, at 8:26 PM  

  • I feel much better now. I also had that weird 'coming-down-with-something' sort of feeling and a bad headache (which I first attributed to sinus but now think it was related to sleep-deprivation). So I went home before noon, went to bed and slept almost 5 hours, got up for dinner, bath and hair-washing, went back to bed and didn't stir until the alarm sounded this morning. I don't ache or feel weird today at all. Much happier.

    By Blogger Helly, at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home