The Hellhole

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Another year has gone by and again it's time for my Super Bowl Prediction. As faithful readers and personal friends know, each year I predict the winner based upon the number of Notre Dame alumni on the roster; whichever team has the most Fightin' Irishmen is going to win. I call this my Parseghian Principleā„¢. I've been using the Parseghian Principle to predict Super Bowl winners for the last nine years and I've been right every single year except for one (2001 and the stinking New York Giants - bah!).

This year, it's a clear call: Colts victory. Da Bears have no active Notre Dame players, although they have one rookie on the practice squad (Mark LeVoir). The Colts have three active Irishmen: linebacker Rocky Boiman (isn't that a GREAT football player name?), punter Hunter Smith (heh heh: Punter Hunter - I'm sure he's never heard THAT one before), and tight end Jerome Collins (though he's on injured reserve but I'm still counting him as it shows the Colts had good intentions). It's obvious the Colts have the all-important Parseghian Principle edge, though for the first time since its inception, I'm feeling a bit uncertain.

Oh, I still have faith in my theorem, don't get me wrong; Irish love runs too deep for me to doubt it, but picking against da Bears isn't easy. For one thing, I had three Bears on my Fantasy Football team for most of the season and they did well for me. More importantly, my most beloved, most respected, most admired, most favoritest football player ever was a Bear. I have both his home and away replica jerseys; the away one actually came from Ditka's in Chicago. Still, I am an accountant not only by profession but with every particle of my dessicated, analytical soul so bottom line, emotion doesn't enter into it. Only the numbers matter, and the numbers say: Colts win.

2 Comments:

  • I think you're correct (as usual). It's hard not to pull for Da Bears, tho. BTW, I am requesting that you wear one of the hallowed jerseys to the SBP; OK?

    love,
    mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:03 AM  

  • Yes ma'am.

    By Blogger Helly, at 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home